Mini In The Mountains

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Laurie wrote:Only 01 Days, 04 Hours, 49 Minutes, 10 Seconds until MITM!

Copper Mountain, CO Weather

Clear, 41°F

Wed: 70°F / 48°F
Thu: 69°F / 47°F
Fri: 69°F / 46°F

Pack the rain/cold weather gear!
Sounds like perfect weather for motoring! Off to wedge the luggage in the MINI...
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

Those numbers were from the weather gadget at the MITM site. Other weather sites have the temps in the Mid 70's for all the days.

I will do some pre-packing tonight, but can't do much since the dog kennel is the biggest item and has to be on the bottom of everything. Why we have a kennel that will fit a dog twice the size of the one we got is still a mystery :roll:
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Laurie wrote:Those numbers were from the weather gadget at the MITM site. Other weather sites have the temps in the Mid 70's for all the days.

I will do some pre-packing tonight, but can't do much since the dog kennel is the biggest item and has to be on the bottom of everything. Why we have a kennel that will fit a dog twice the size of the one we got is still a mystery :roll:
My kennel is going to be too small for my Lab here shortly. Perhaps we can trade :)
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

MiniManiac wrote:
Laurie wrote:Those numbers were from the weather gadget at the MITM site. Other weather sites have the temps in the Mid 70's for all the days.

My kennel is going to be too small for my Lab here shortly. Perhaps we can trade :)
Now there's an idea! If you bring it we can check it out. I will pack all the stuff that goes with Lola's and we'll see what happens. (her's has a mesh type wall that you can use to make the kennel smaller while they are puppies when they don't need all the room) This is what her's looks like. Seriously, she could have a friend in there and still be very comfortable!

~Laurie~

Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

We did the same, but it worked out OK when we got two dogs! :lol:

Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Izzy has this:

There's plenty of room for at least a couple of puppy friends in her kennel. I guess we got a little ambitious when she outgrew her starter model. :lol:

We tried but couldn't get this kennel in the MINI, folded or otherwise. Thankfully ddmini is taking it in their car. Marley has never traveled with a kennel so this is all new to us.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Laurie wrote: Now there's an idea! If you bring it we can check it out. I will pack all the stuff that goes with Lola's and we'll see what happens. (her's has a mesh type wall that you can use to make the kennel smaller while they are puppies when they don't need all the room) This is what her's looks like. Seriously, she could have a friend in there and still be very comfortable!
We had that Kennel for the Bull Terrier but we gave it to his new owners. Now we have one of those fiberglass kennels. My pouch will outgrow it in a matter of months.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

The only thing the weather sites seem to agree on is the chance for thunderstorms every day. They do seem to think it will only be afternoon storms though everything should be good!
09 Clubman S LB/B, 3 Pkgs, JCW Wheel, JCW Tuning Kit, H&R Springs, ALTA 19mm swaybar
14 Paceman S All4, Starlight Blue/White, Fully loaded, JCW Steering Wheel
David & Debra
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

ddmini wrote:
The only thing the weather sites seem to agree on is the chance for thunderstorms every day. They do seem to think it will only be afternoon storms though everything should be good!
Hopefully, the weather reports are incorrect and it will be cool, sunny and beautiful in the mountains. :D :D Either way, we are packed and I will load up the MINI tomorrow.

Happy and safe motoring to everyone!!
See ya all at Copper :wave:

p.s. remember to practice waving now.... there will be lots of MINIs/Minis :wave: :wave: :wave:
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

DDMINI in MITM#2 YouTube Video

Post by Marlow Main »

They caught James (DDMINI) at the the DP car wash at last years MITM. Check it out....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7IeKb2nr2A
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: DDMINI in MITM#2 YouTube Video

Post by Laurie »

Marlow Main wrote:They caught James (DDMINI) at the the DP car wash at last years MITM. Check it out....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7IeKb2nr2A
That is DDMINI. His name is David.
~Laurie~

Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

...after 1,764 miles were are back. What a great time and TONS of twisties!
(but boy, is it nice to be home!!)

We left Copper Mountain this morning at 3:30 am to make sun rise on Mt Evans, then run the Western Dragon on the way out. We got home at 6:30 pm, picked up the boys and unloaded the MINI. Then it was time to wash Cousteau because he was an unhappy, grubby, bug splattered MINI (and his owner did not want to be accused of MINI neglect). :wink:

Here are a few pictures
http://s312.photobucket.com/albums/ll33 ... ITM3-2008/

...I need a nap...Good night!
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

We logged 1952.0 miles on our trip. We arrived safe and sound back home at 7:52 pm. Pictures to come later once I have time to go through them. I think I took way over 200!
~Laurie~

ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

A few more pics...

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f382/ ... MITM%2008/

We had a great time and really enjoyed the alternate routes both directions across Kansas. Mt. Evans at sunrise is a real treat--especially if a fellow Miniac will lend you a winter coat (thanks, Laurie!). It was fun hanging out with the KC MINIs as always!

August 5-9th, 2009--who's ready??

davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

The pictures were magnificent. Wish we could have been there--
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

Here are some of my pics. Sorry Photobucket put them all out of order.

http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m178 ... d&start=28
~Laurie~

ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

We totaled about 1750 miles on a totally great trip.

I finally had a chance to post some of my pictures here

09 Clubman S LB/B, 3 Pkgs, JCW Wheel, JCW Tuning Kit, H&R Springs, ALTA 19mm swaybar
14 Paceman S All4, Starlight Blue/White, Fully loaded, JCW Steering Wheel
David & Debra
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

Cool pics everyone! I may have "borrowed" a few from your albums to add to my collection. :wink:
~Laurie~