Art of the Car

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Art of the Car

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

MiniDave mentioned this in another post, thought I'd put details here in case any of y'all are interested in getting together or meeting up at the show:

2008 Art of the Car Concours

Date:28 June 2008

Time:10:00 am

Description:The second annual Art of the Car Concours- a car show featuring a wide variety of vintage, classic, and special cars belonging to Kansas City and Midwest area collectors - will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 28 on the central green of the Kansas City Art Institute campus, 4415 Warwick Blvd.

No advance tickets are required. There will be a modest admission fee (amount TBD) at the door; children under 10 years old will be admitted free. Proceeds will benefit the college's scholarship fund. Attendees will be invited to vote for their favorite cars.

Marshall V. Miller, a local attorney, car enthusiast and Art Institute supporter, is organizing the event.

Volunteer for the June 28 event! What better way to support the Art Institute and enjoy this fabulous car show? All proceeds from the event will benefit the student scholarship fund.

Questions or to volunteer: Contact Robin Jess at rjess@kc.rr.com or 816-516-7086.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

dimini and I are planning to go for sure, haven't firmed up the time yet tho......if Rose is going with it will be in the afternoon. If she's not, then I would prefer to go first thing as it opens and avoid some of the heat.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Not gonna be able to make it but it sounds like a cool show.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Here are some pics I took........

[/img]
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

cool pictures dave! no mini's?
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
DDodge

Post by DDodge »

Thanks, Dave - great pics!
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Thanks, Guys..........
Steph there was one Mini Classic there, the light blue one that was at the Mini/Micro car show in Westwood. I took a pic of it, and I can post it later.....
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
JRutherford

Post by JRutherford »

How did I miss this?! A 904 and a 300SL Gullwing - NICE!!!

Is this an annual event?
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

This was the second annual, I hope it continues. I believe it's an invitation only event for the cars, and they try to represent all eras, up to the 70's or so - I doubt there's much that you would want in the show from the 80's and 90's! :?

Since they're looking for style and design, it favors cars from the late 30's to the 60's.......

Should I go back thru and caption the pics so people know what the cars are, or are they pretty easy to figure out as is?
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
JRutherford

Post by JRutherford »

Two of my all-time favorites - the 904 Porsche and 300SL Gullwing Mercedes - very rare birds - sorry to have missed it this time around. Thanks for sharing, Dave!