Mid America Motorplex Fast Fridays, Oct 3rd?

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
kabootist

Mid America Motorplex Fast Fridays, Oct 3rd?

Post by kabootist »

Mid America Motorplex is the track just south of Omaha on I-29. Every friday apparently they have an open track day from 9am to 7pm for cars and go karts. 110 dollars for the whole day doesn't sound bad, If there is interest I might dig up more info but right now just looking too see if people are interested to go out there on a Friday and do there ~2.2 mile road course. I know for me Fridays are a lot easier to do than Wednesdays which is the day for HPT's touring laps.

Linky: http://www.midamericamotorplex.com/2006/rc_friday.asp

Track Layout courtesy of Google Maps:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3083/261 ... 23.jpg?v=0
Last edited by kabootist on Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Is it for street driven cars like our Touring Laps events?

It says this on that same page......."All wheel to wheel race programs with race prepped vehicles will require an approved fire/leather suit."
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

I guess thats something to ask about...I assumed so.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I'd hate to drive three hours up there and not get to run........
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

I just got off the phone with them, and they said that all you need is the money and a m2000 or higher snell rated helmet. They have mini coopers there all the time apparently. I didn't get much info out of them because they sounded busy with stuff, so i figure if we do get some interest we can call about how to register for a friday, he made it sound like you don't even have to register.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Cool, but do you really want to drive 3 hours, then spend the day driving, then drive 3 hrs home again?

It would be fun to drive a different track, and this sure looks like more fun than Hallet, which is an even longer drive..........

I'll have to give it some thought, but it will probably be Sept before I can go anyway...........
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

I might do the half day, it starts at 1pm and goes to 7pm...also its 80 dollars rather than 110. I might give it a shot in a few weeks.
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mcconned »

I definitely recommend calling ahead to be be sure the track is open. I drove by there Thursday and there was a lot of water standing in the fields around the track. Possibly the infield also.
MAM is a nice and flat track. I've seen cars slide off the track without sustaining damage.
I drove MAM at an event and we shared the track with the Fast Friday group. The rules seem to be similar to Touring Club at Heartland Park-i.e. you are restricted as to where you can pass, you can't pass without the car in front of you waving you around, etc.
Re. drive time, I live in South KC near 135th & State Line. I can drive from my house to Omaha in 3 hours. MAM is maybe 20 minutes south.
Also there is a BP station less than a mile from the track.
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

Anyone up for Sept. 26th?
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

Changed to Oct 3rd due to Race weekend activities on Sept 26th.