Tour de KC, turned K5 Run for Saturday 19th @ 11am and 7pm

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
kabootist

Tour de KC, turned K5 Run for Saturday 19th @ 11am and 7pm

Post by kabootist »

So Premium gas is at 4.25 a gallon and I can't think of what better way to use it than a Tour de KC. This would involve our favorite roads on both the East side and the West side. My idea would be to Start somewhere in Lee's Summit...make our way around some of the roads that we made on the last run, then parade over to Baron for some viewing of future mini club members and other things. Then head towards the Legends and stop for a bite to eat before or after hitting K5 into Leavenworth. This sounds crazy and does exclude the northland, but they are welcome to add a stop. I was thinking this weekend or sometime before Minis in the Mountains.
Last edited by kabootist on Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kenshin138 »

I am down for burning gas, just give me a date. If we did it this weekend we would ideally end at Tanners for the Z club invitation. Otherwise the 1st is out for me but we are free most any other day.
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

I didnt even think about ending at Tanners, that's not a bad idea. I am okay with that.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Hmmm......the K5. I miss that road :(
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

but not the skunks....right?
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

kabootist wrote:but not the skunks....right?
LOL. You have a good memory. Thankfully, I haven't seen any skunks out here in Colorado. :)
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

I spoke with the skunk family and they said they "missed" you too.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kenshin138 »

So are we doing anything this weekend prior to meeting at Tanners?
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

Im thinking just a K5 Run....meet at Baron prior to. Maybe more people would be up for that on saturday.
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kenshin138 »

kabootist wrote:Im thinking just a K5 Run....meet at Baron prior to. Maybe more people would be up for that on saturday.
Explain this "K5 Run".
aris_poerwanto

Post by aris_poerwanto »

I am quite free on Saturday, so tell me the plan
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

K5 run is basically just meeting somewhere and then heading up to the "begining" of K5 just off of 435 north of Legends. From there we drive K5 which is nice a twisty, for about 20 miles and get to Leavenworth. Usually we stop and get a bite to eat in Leavenworth or we can go to DQ and get some Ice cream. After our bellies are full, we come back through K5 again hitting it the other way. Then i figured we could go down to tanners and meet up with the guys going down to the Powell Obs.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

you guys should come down to belton. our gas is 4.09 for premium...
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
mzupon
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mzupon »

Was interested, now working. :(

Have a good time anyway!
-Zupon, OP MINIAC

Jack is THE Todd Pearson Signature Series #2 2006 MCSm HB w. Sport/Cold and iPod adapter.
aris_poerwanto

Post by aris_poerwanto »

I was planning to watch Batman: Dark Knight on AMC 30 Imax at 11.55 am on Saturday. but I might consider the K5 run. My Mini is craving for some twisty roads

Aris
kraydl

Post by kraydl »

K5 sounds good. Ridden that route a few times on the Harley, but never the Mini.
Morning would be preferable as I've got a Boston concert to go to Sat. evening.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I've got a Boston concert to go to Sat. evening.

Wow, Boston..........that's a long way to go for a concert! Who are you seeing?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
monza

Post by monza »

kraydl wrote:K5 sounds good. Ridden that route a few times on the Harley, but never the Mini.
Morning would be preferable as I've got a Boston concert to go to Sat. evening.
K5 is fantastic on a Vespa :wink:
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

What time works for everyone? I know some where thinking of hitting tanners afterwards but sometime in the morning would be okay, we can do 2 runs, 1 at 11am, and another around 7 pm or something more suited to those going to Tanners.
kraydl

Post by kraydl »

Minidave wrote:I've got a Boston concert to go to Sat. evening.

Wow, Boston..........that's a long way to go for a concert! Who are you seeing?
Doh, yeah I'm seeing Boston here in KS and then going to see Kansas in Boston :P
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

aris_poerwanto wrote:I was planning to watch Batman: Dark Knight on AMC 30 Imax at 11.55 am on Saturday. but I might consider the K5 run. My Mini is craving for some twisty roads

Aris
I think it is $4.00 per ticket at the Cinemark in Meriam, all shows for all adults and kids before 6:00pm, daily!
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

kabootist wrote:What time works for everyone? I know some where thinking of hitting tanners afterwards but sometime in the morning would be okay, we can do 2 runs, 1 at 11am, and another around 7 pm or something more suited to those going to Tanners.
I might be in, did you say meet at Baron, 11:00am THIS Saturday the 19th?
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

I guess I'm doing 2 runs! :D anyway Baron at 11am is good unless we want to do earlier, expect it to be about an hour or so. and it is THIS SATURDAY the 19th @ 11 am the for the first run, and 7pm for the second!, we can still adjust the times but it has to be soon.
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

I will confirm tomorrow, if I am not helping a buddy move I think I can go on the first run.

I would like to do both but I have a pool party at Tiffany Springs golf course that night.

Good Idea, been wanting to do a run since I got Big Papi !!!!!!!!!!!
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

Big Papi wrote:
aris_poerwanto wrote:I was planning to watch Batman: Dark Knight on AMC 30 Imax at 11.55 am on Saturday. but I might consider the K5 run. My Mini is craving for some twisty roads

Aris
I think it is $4.00 per ticket at the Cinemark in Meriam, all shows for all adults and kids before 6:00pm, daily!
That is true, but Cinemark does not have an Imax screen. I heard the Imax screenings of Batman are sold out until Sunday at the AMC 20 in Olathe.
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS