T-Bones game

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

T-Bones game

Post by davester »

Would there be any interest in going to a KC T-Bones baseball game as a group. We can make reservations for a group of 25 or more with select seating on a Friday or Saturday night for $8.00 each. They have $1.00 hot dogs every night--woo-hoo! Open dates are:Aug.1,2--15,16--29,30. Those are Friday Saturday nights. By the way, we get group recognition on the message board AND a mascot appearance. The kids would love it----
Whatcha think????
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
saturn

Post by saturn »

We're game! :D
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Sounds like fun. :) I know the local star wars costuming group has done this and it was cool. They dressed up like different characters from star wars... (I'm a nerd...)
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I am sooo there!

Friday night is a little better for me, but I can do either.......
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
kraydl

Post by kraydl »

We are going tonight to see them against Winnipeg. We hear the environment there is how all baseball should be. It's our first time seeing them. Will let you know how it goes.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

You'll have so much fun!

One recommendation.......if you can, sit on the third base side, otherwise you're in the sun till it gets dark.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Sounds like fun to me! Thanks for putting this together!
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
kraydl

Post by kraydl »

Okay,

Cathy and I went last night and had a great time. Nice setting, great field. Hot dogs for a buck :) Bout everything you could want to eat or drink there.

If you get a group pack of tickets, make sure you get them in an even numbered section. Even numbers are along the 3rd base line. I think 104 is nearer home plate, then 106 toward 3rd base, then 108, etc. 106 would be great seats.

We were in 107. Same as 106 except on the 1st base side. Ouch. Sun in our face (couldn't see foul balls or much of anything) until around 8:30. And the game started at 7. :( So 3rd base, even sections a must, I would say.

Was different than a Royals game. There was some sort of activity/game between each half inning. Whole sections winning burgers, drinks, etc. Good stuff. Monday happened to be 'Money Monday', they gave each person parking a silver dollar. But besides that, any day is free parking.

Definitely worth the 8 bucks.
http://tbonesbaseball.com/fanzone/photo/
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

OK, you have heard a game review. Great fun at a great price. Let's get at least 25 MINItes together so I can order the tickets on the 3rd base side. The earlier the better. I will pay for the tickets and you can repay me. We need to pick a date. How about a Friday night? Aug 1st is St.Patrick's Day/jersey auction night, Aug 15th is college rivalry night, Aug 29th, Star wars night.
Whatcha think????????
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Oh, Star Wars night for sure! 8)

I'm good for any of them........
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

If Star Wars night I am out, have tickets to American Idol concert. I opt for a different day, but for selfish reason obiviously. :twisted:
saturn

Post by saturn »

I'll go with the general consensus
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

One vote for the 29th please. :D
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Esmter

Post by Esmter »

8/29 here too. we've been to a few t bones games, and Brett worked for them for a bit last summer - tons of fun, and the stadium itself is really nice.

an you are so right about the 3rd bas line - sitting in the shade is a must.
speed_racer

Post by speed_racer »

I vote NO to the 8/29 date because that's Labor Day weekend and I'll be out of town. So like Big Papi, selfish reasons for wanting it another night, because the games are fun! :D
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

OK- The group has spoken about the 29th(Labor Day weekend). I didn't think about the holiday. How about the Friday the 1st or the 15th of Aug??

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Davester wrote:OK- The group has spoken about the 29th(Labor Day weekend). I didn't think about the holiday. How about the Friday the 1st or the 15th of Aug??
It's a no-go for me on either of those dates. Y'all have fun though--I love going to the T-Bones and think it'll be a really fun gathering!!
monty
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by monty »

We'er in. just pick the day
2015 MINI Cooper S. Thunder Gray/Black roof, cold weather package, sport package, JCW Tuning kit and exhaust.
Name : Handsome Rob
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

Davester wrote:OK- The group has spoken about the 29th(Labor Day weekend). I didn't think about the holiday. How about the Friday the 1st or the 15th of Aug??

I think either of these date will work for us. Waiting to hear back from Pat if she would like to come out and play.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I'm in, just pick one - I'm good...........
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

I'd love to go on Star Wars night (because i can dress up...) but I'll be out of town. :(
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kenshin138 »

I am out of town on the 1st but otherwise we should be free any of those other dates.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

15th Aug then? Seems to be the concensus when everyones in town at least.....
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

OK-- Lets put together a list of who and how many tickets you want @ $8.00 each. We need at least 25 for the group price. Remember if you commit and later can't go, you will need to sell your requested tickets. I will buy them for the group and you can reimburse me game day. I guess we have settled on Friday, Aug 15th.
Lets have a ball!

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

2 please!
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"