Heartland Miata Club Picnic, August 23rd

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Heartland Miata Club Picnic, August 23rd

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Deborah Hopkins with the Heartland Miata club has extended an invitation to us for their annual picnic:

Sunday, August 23rd, noon, The Heartland Miata Club cordially invites you, The Mini's to our annual picnic @ Wyandotte Lake Park, Shelter house #12: It's a really nice location and our club is paying for the rental of the shelter house. It's located in a nice cool shady area of the park. http://www.kckpl.lib.ks.us/wyco/parks/wylake.html

Brenda Hill and Karl Mayo are heading up this event and planning the menu. Basically, we will make a list of menu items and then people can sign up for the things they would like to bring or another side dish. We just thought it would be a nice social outing for our clubs to get together and meet.

More info at www.heartlandmiata.com
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Here is a little additional info from Brenda. If you plan to attend the picnic, would you please contact her to coordinate food? Thanks!

From Brenda:

My name is Brenda. I’m coordinating the picnic for the Miata Club. The picnic is at Wyandotte County Lake on August 23. It is going to start at 12noon Shelter House 9. Wyandott County Lake is in Kansas east of 435. It is marked 5 Highway off of 435 but 5 highway is also Leavenworth road. You’ll travel east on 5 Highway 1.5 miles and arrive at a blinking 4 way intersection. The Park is on the north side. Obviously there is a sign. When you get to the lake there is a sign directing you to the different shelter houses. You will stay to the right. Guests and children are welcome. There’s some nice playground stuff at this shelter house. There’s plenty of shade trees at this shelter. I checked and they do allow alcohol in the park.

Everyone should bring their own cooler with beverages.

Can you coordinate food for you clubs and give me a rough head count. There are grills at the shelter but you know about public grills. The Miata Club is bringing a couple small grills. Maybe someone in your club has a grill that is easy to transport.

Brenda brenda9563@sbcglobal.net

[/i]
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Deborah Hopkins called and asked me to remind y'all that you are invited to the Miata Club's picnic. If you plan to go, would you drop an e-mail to the coordinators listed in the previous post? It sounds like a fun event! :)