September Harvest, Saturday the 20th (and also the 6th)

KC MINI Club Announcements & Welcome Info
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

September Harvest, Saturday the 20th (and also the 6th)

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

September's club event will be at Harvester's. We'll help at their warehouse in memory of Glenn O'Gorman. :) This is a Mini Motoring Hearts activity, if you register to volunteer at Harvester's at www.minimotoringhearts.com, a grille badge will be mailed to you.

Dori (Marlow_Main) is coordinating September's event and will post date options soon. Thanks, Dori!
Last edited by ragtopday Johnna on Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

This post is a little long, so bear with me….

For this event, we will be volunteering for 2 hours in the VOC (Volunteer Outreach Center), which is located at 3801 Topping, KCMO 64129.

We will be sorting food and household items that have been donated for distribution.

The dates and time combinations that are open are:

Saturday September 6 1 pm – 3 pm or 2 pm – 4 pm
Saturday September 20 1 pm – 3 pm or 2 pm – 4 pm

Please let me know which date/time combination works best for you by Sunday, July 27th, so I can get our dates locked in. We will go with the majority. If we have a large turn out we can split up in two groups.

Plan to dress in comfy clothes (jeans, t-shirts, sweatshirts), tennis shoes.
Since this is a warehouse, open toes shoes, sandals and flip flops are not allowed. Harvesters will supply bottled water and soda for volunteers, and there are vending machines for snacks.

With the rising price of gas, and ripple effect on other areas of the economy, donations to the Harvesters Food Panty are well below normal. In addition to volunteering a couple hours of your Saturday, if you can bring a few canned goods, that would be GREAT!!! Canned meats, fruits, vegetables, plus peanut butter and Mac & Cheese are always in demand.

There is a tour of the warehouse, if any one is interested, let me know and I arrange it.

For the Motoring Heart Badge:

This event qualifies for a Motoring Heart grill badge from MINI USA.
To get your grill badge you will need to follow these simple 38 steps
:wink:
Turn of your Pop –Up blocker
Go to MINIUSA.COM
The form is listed under the PLAY drop down tab
Select Go-A MOTORING
Select MOTORING HEARTS (bottom of the list)
After the MINI Motoring Heart pop up window loads, select
GET HOOKED UP WITH THE RIGHT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
Another pop up loads
Enter you zip code and Change the Area of Interest to Hunger
Hit the SEARCH button
(you may need to change the distance also)
Food Sorting & Repackaging –Harvesters is # 13 on the list, Select it
Click on I WANT TO HELP button
And the last window will be where you enter your information.

VolunteerMatch supplies the form and a copy will be sent to MINI USA for your grill badge. Since other volunteers use VolunteerMatch to line up volunteer opportunities, we do not want to skew the volunteer request/numbers for Harvesters, so please enter KC MINI Club in the comments section of your form. This will let them know you are part of our group and they will not contact you individually. I will work with the volunteer coordinator at Harvesters to get us all set up.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Thanks for helping out by volunteering your time and possibly a few food items!!
speed_racer

Post by speed_racer »

My vote is for the 20th, either time.
saturn

Post by saturn »

speed_racer wrote:My vote is for the 20th, either time.
+1 :thumbsup2:
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Charlotte and I can do the 6th but we have a reunion to attend on the 20th--
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

Gee, I was getting a little worried...

So far the 20th is the date (2 to 1). I can arrange it so we can split the group across the both date options if we have others that the 6th works better for. Just let me know...

Remember to fill out the volunteer form for Harvesters on MNIUSA.COM and add KC MINI Club to the comments box.

THANKS!!!!!
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

Hello,

Does everyone need more time to determine a date which works best? If that is the case I can contact Harvesters in the morning to see about getting an extension for another week.

If there is not any interest in this type of event, please let me know that too, so I can get the date set for the couple of us that responded and someone else will have time to work on a September event.

Thanks
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Come on guys, this is good for the community as well as helping out the needy. Who's with us??????
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
saturn

Post by saturn »

There will be three people in my party, BTW. If that helps.
MiniGeoff
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniGeoff »

Don't know how many, and it'll depend a bit on when it is, but if at all possible for me to be there, I will be. If you want, a dear friend of mine works at Harvesters, and I can help work out details with her if you would like.
03 PS/Bl MCS - Alta CAI - Alta 15% pulley - Denso Irdiums - Kingsborne wires - Screamin' Deamon Coil - Yellow Konis - H-Sport Springs - H-Sport rear swaybar - H-Sport adjustable rear control arms - M7 Front strut brace - Sold
06 Subaru WRX
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

MiniGeoff wrote:Don't know how many, and it'll depend a bit on when it is, but if at all possible for me to be there, I will be. If you want, a dear friend of mine works at Harvesters, and I can help work out details with her if you would like.
Thanks MiniGeoff for the offer. Haravsters have been great to work with, they just need advanced notice for groups so they can balance out the work!!

And a BIG THANKS you to everyone that has volunteered so far!
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Two of us (me and Minix2) would be interested in the 20th from 1 to 3 PM.

Update: Sorry, can't make it but will meet up with someone to send some canned goods.
Last edited by ragtopday Johnna on Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

For those of you that are still undecided... it is NOT to late to participate.
I have arranged for an extension on our final numbers until Saturday.
So come on out and participate.

Thank you to all those who have volunteered already!
So far, we have 9 volunteers for September 20, so lets do 1-3 pm.
( Would someone please add this date to our event calendar? Thanks!)

Our volunteers for this shift are:
Kevin, John and Kevin's brother? (Saturn)
John and Johnna (MiniX2 & Ragtopday)
Speed_Racer
Dori, Scott & Pat (Marlow Main & Just A Passenger)

Davester, I will be more then happy to volunteer with you on September 6th from 1-3. This looks like the smaller shift at the moment, but maybe that will change. Just let me know if you are still interested. PM me.

MiniGeoff, let me know which date/time slot you can do and how many will be motoring/volunteering with you, once you get it all ironed out.

Thanks again!!
:D :D :D :D
monza

Post by monza »

Just saw this. Please count me in. It will most likely be me and my kids...I cant remember if the wife has to work that day...

I also want to thank you guys for organizing this in Glenn's name. Not only is Harvesters a worthy cause, but it was one place that Glenn put in alot of volunteer time, so I know he would appreciate helping out those guys.

BTW, Im his brother....I dont think I ever mentioned that on here before...

Add to the List:
Paul O'Gorman
Hayden O'Gorman
Libbey O'Gorman
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

You can put Larry and I down for which ever date and time is decided on. Looks like so far it is the 20th from 1-3 so I will mark our calendar.
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

Great, 5 more volunteers!!! Thanks
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

The Goose can go either Saturday, but seeing as David and Charlotte can only go on the 6th I'll join them. How about 1-3pm? Any body else for the 6th. Now if I can only figure out how to register!! :? :oops:
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

This is just a reminder:
I will confirm our numbers with Harvesters Saturday, so there is still time to join us.

So far we have 17 volunteers! That is great, thanks everyone! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Remember to sign up through MINIUSA.com, so you can get your very own Motoring Heart grill badge to proudly display on your MINI/Mini.

Monza & MiniGeoff- do you you have a date preference? Please let me know.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

Frank-
Paula from Harvesters sent me your phonemail.
You are signed up for the September 6th date. The reason the form indicates April 18th is because VolunteerMatch.com allows organizations looking for help to post their request for one year. Harvesters request was submitted in April. It looks a little confusing when you fill it out. Let me know if you have any other questions.
MiniGeoff
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniGeoff »

Either date should work for me/us. It's a solid enough cause and reason to be there that I'll make it fit in my schedule.

Right now assume it's just 1, being me, and if I can make that go up more then I will do so. But considering all the kids will find it boring and get restless and turn into little trouble makers, it probably will remain 1.
03 PS/Bl MCS - Alta CAI - Alta 15% pulley - Denso Irdiums - Kingsborne wires - Screamin' Deamon Coil - Yellow Konis - H-Sport Springs - H-Sport rear swaybar - H-Sport adjustable rear control arms - M7 Front strut brace - Sold
06 Subaru WRX
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

Thanks MiniGeoff-How about joining the 1-3 shift on September 6? That shift is a little light on volunteers. Thanks again. :D
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

I received an email from MINIusa today wanting feedback about my Motoring Hearts experience. I guess they have processed my info? I didn't follow the link, but I suppose it will be some sort of survey. I will wait until after the event to take it. Did anyone else who signed up through MINIusa get an email?
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Laurie wrote:I received an email from MINIusa today wanting feedback about my Motoring Hearts experience. I guess they have processed my info? I didn't follow the link, but I suppose it will be some sort of survey. I will wait until after the event to take it. Did anyone else who signed up through MINIusa get an email?
I've done a couple of other Motoring Hearts events and never got an e-mail, just a badge in the mail each time. :)
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

This is quick reminder to fill out the volunteer match from on MINIUSA. A copy if this form is blind copied to MINIUSA, and that is how you register for the Motoring Heart grill badge from MINI. The badges will not be available at either of our Harvesters dates. They are shipped directly from MINI USA and take 4-6 weeks to be shipped.

If you do not want to click through all the pop ups, please email me your
name, address, phone number and email address and I will be happy to do this for you.

Thanks !!!
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Are we to meet somewhere and motor to Harvesters on Sat. the 6th? How many Mini's are going to be ready from 1-3 pm to roll and who is coming?????

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"