Friday Night BBQ

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
kabootist

Friday Night BBQ

Post by kabootist »

How about a friday night a month we meet up at a BBQ joint, enjoy and discuss why its not the best BBQ in KC. I know some places close a bit early (6pm) but we can figure something out for them. I was thinking maybe we start the 29th with Arthur Bryant's @ the Legends...8pm.

Aug 29th Arthur Bryant's @ Legends
Date TBD Gates BBQ @ State Line & 435
Date TBD Jack Stack @ the Frieghthouse or 95th & Metcalf
Date TBD Smokin Guns in NKC, but they close at 6pm, so might meet up somewhere else and enjoy it at a park or something.
Future Dates TBD, just looking for interest right now, and feel free to add a place, I just figured we would go with the big 2 first.

I know since i cant go to the Sonic Drive-Ins on thursdays this might be a good alternative for some....not to mention I think we can agree BBQ is better than Sonic. :D
Last edited by kabootist on Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MiniVespa

Post by MiniVespa »

I'd be down for this, but wouldnt be able to make EVERY friday night.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I'm in, but not every Friday night, how about once a month? It will work out good for us since my wife can't come on Thursdays due to work also.

also, 1 vote for Jack Stack at 95th and Metcalf for a future meet-up.

and one disqualitifcation for Haywoods at the top of the hill on Antioch at College - it sucks completely!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

I put every and then realized i was being a bit on the crazy side. I can't believe I forgot about Jack Stack....anyway we could do the Freighthouse one, its a bit better for northlanders. Unless we dont get any of them that are interested and then we can do 95th.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Or we could do like Johnna does with the Sonics, one month north, one month south of the river.......

Oh, and also 1 vote against Famous Dave's, tastes like crap to me, although my BIL likes it there........

And don't forget Arthur Bryant's in the Legends.

Gates is always good ..... May I HELP you! :lol:

OOhhhh, you know what would be cool? BB's Lawnside, good BBQ and cool jazz too!
Last edited by Minidave on Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

We will have to get a northlander involved with this, I my Northland knowledge ends at the Cerner headquarters.
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

K & N BBQ in Spring Hill, KS is great and they have the best onion rings. Gates is down the street from me on State Line Road.

Arthur Bryant's (original) on 18th & Forrest is great, but don't know how long they are open.

I would definitely be up for this instead of Sonic, the food did not agree with me and Missy last time, plus I have a regular work meeting every Thursday night so attendance is difficult. Once or twice a month at a different BBQ joint would be awesome.

Is this a go, are we motoring?
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

This is grassroots so no need for official stuff. I will be at Arthur Bryants Aug 29th @ 8pm. Rain or Shine, maybee a calm night K5 run afterwards....no spirted drive, too dangerous at night.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

8 pm?

I thought it was 6 pm, I get hungry early these days! :lol:

I ate at K&N a couple of weeks ago, pretty good chicken and burnt ends there......

I'm sure if we look we can find lots of good BBQ places in the Metro. I'm all for a rotating event.........
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Damn, I got tickets to the American Idol concert that night. Count me in for the next one.
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

We can change it to 6pm, I was just picking a time that isnt as busy.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

True, 8 pm is much better at all of these places, I guess I can wait......
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Rosedale's BBQ is good and Smokehouse in gladstone is good too. I won't be able to make any of these though :( I love bbq.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kenshin138 »

I fail to see either Oklahoma Joe's or Famous Dave's on this list. Just sayin'
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Oklahoma joe's is good, but MiniDave specifically said he did not like Famous Dave's BBQ. I like it though :D
aris_poerwanto

Post by aris_poerwanto »

I wish it was before Aug 29th since I will be heading to Houston on Aug 23th.

Arthur Bryants original at downtown on Brooklyn ave is taste better than the legends, IMO

BTW I am selling my 3 months old twin mattress for $100. The price when its new is $200. Anybody need a twin mattress.
MiniVespa

Post by MiniVespa »

i live north of the river near zona rosa, and could help up here if need be. theres a few great BBQ joints up here.
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Great Ryan, please post them :)
MiniVespa

Post by MiniVespa »

A simple google searched turned up KansasCityBarbecue.com, and offers a list of restaurants at http://www.kansascitybarbecue.com/Resta ... 0Guide.htm

Some of these I am sure all of us have eaten at, and some might be worth checking out.
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

I'm penciled in for Arthur Bryants, Legends, 8/29 at 6pm.
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

MiniVespa wrote:i live north of the river near zona rosa, and could help up here if need be. theres a few great BBQ joints up here.
I mentioned Smokehouse. It's up here in Gladstone.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
kraydl

Post by kraydl »

Oklahoma Joes is one of our favs. They have locations at
47th Av / Mission
119th / Strang Line
MiniVespa

Post by MiniVespa »

Counterfit_Mini wrote:
MiniVespa wrote:i live north of the river near zona rosa, and could help up here if need be. theres a few great BBQ joints up here.
I mentioned Smokehouse. It's up here in Gladstone.
Smokehouse is some good grub. They also have a brand new one at Zona Rosa.
DDodge

Post by DDodge »

BB's Lawnside BBQ is always worth a trip, particularly if you like Blues. The sauce is appley, if you like that, and the wings are the best in town.

The SmokeStack on Wornall has fallen off badly in recent times, but the Jack Stack in Martin City has gotten better at the same time. Crème brûlée, anyone? :)

Don D
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

I am going to Lake of the Ozarks this weekend and in Gravois Mills, MO on 5 Hwy is a BBQ joint called 3 Pigs BBQ. On friday nights they serve an all you can eat buffet with the best damn ribs in the world. If you are every down there please stop in and tell them that you know BJ, my nickname when I was a kid. This is my uncles place, Don Kelley, and he will treat you right.