I want to rent a MINI in KC

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
Claire

I want to rent a MINI in KC

Post by Claire »

I'm leaning heavily this way for our next car purchase, but would like to rent and drive a MINI to make sure this is the way I really want to go before I invest. Is there a place in Kansas City I can rent one to drive for a week?
saturn

Post by saturn »

Not sure of any rental companies that carry Mini's. You might want to check with Baron Mini, they might have a suggestion. A friend of mine recently had her Scion wrecked and the dealership where she had bought the car had rented her until she bought a new one and she didn't even buy the replacement from them. Baron might know of someone or might have a suggestion. Hope this helps!
Claire

Thanks

Post by Claire »

Thanks for your help; I'll give them a call.
saturn

Post by saturn »

Also, just heard from another Miniac, Avis might rent them.
LittleRed

Post by LittleRed »

Baron used to let you keep one over night. But I'm not sure if they will let you have one of a week.
Claire

Thank You!

Post by Claire »

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your responses and will check Avis in the morning. I'm thinking about calling Baron for an appointment...would you recommend this? The last time I just walked in, they were so busy there was no one available to talk with me. I'd at least like the opportunity to test drive one.
DDodge

Re: Thank You!

Post by DDodge »

Claire wrote:Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your responses and will check Avis in the morning. I'm thinking about calling Baron for an appointment...would you recommend this? The last time I just walked in, they were so busy there was no one available to talk with me. I'd at least like the opportunity to test drive one.
What? Were the BMW salesmen and women too busy sipping lattés up in the Guggenheim to come down and help?

Seriously, you're gonna luv the Mini when you get a chance to drive it and the kids selling them down in the basement have always been nice. I think an appointment would work. :)
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

Avis rents MINI in some markets, however, I do not believe we are one of them :cry: Baron will checkout a MINI overnight with a valid driver license and insurance card. The whole process take about 10-15 minutes (max) and then you can be out motoring. I would call and set up an appointment if you are looking at going in on a Friday evening or Saturday. Enjoy!!
sweetlou
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sweetlou »

About two months ago I had a quick conversation with a guy who flew in on business that had a MCS with automatic. It was an older one that was kinda beat up but he was having fun with it. I do not know which rental place it was from but it was one from the airport area. If you find one it would probably be an automatic only good luck.

Mark
Claire

I did find one to rent.

Post by Claire »

For anyone interested, I did find one to rent at Fox Auto Rentals up by the airport. I'll let you know how it works out soon!

I also scheduled an appointment at Baron over the weekend. I'm anxious to try it on to see how it fits!
saturn

Re: I did find one to rent.

Post by saturn »

Claire wrote:For anyone interested, I did find one to rent at Fox Auto Rentals up by the airport. I'll let you know how it works out soon!

I also scheduled an appointment at Baron over the weekend. I'm anxious to try it on to see how it fits!
UH-OH, all I can say is this........you'll get out of the car with an ear-to-ear grin and from that moment on, you'll be hooked! :thumbsup2:
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Yep, you'll be driving one of your own in no time!

It's addictive. Be sure to drive it on streets and hiways that you use all the time, then go find some backroad twisties (like Ks 5 toward Leavenworth) so you can really learn what it's all about. Then for the ultimate, come to Heartland Park with the other KC MINI club members this next Wed (Sept 10th) and get a ride on the racetrack with one of us!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Claire

Post by Claire »

Thanks for the tips! I have a day-trip planned and am excited about my ''test drive''. I think keeping the car for a week will give us plenty of opportunities to see about how it's going to work for us in all kinds of conditions. I'm looking forward to the weekend!

What a nice invitation Dave. Depending on how it goes, I might just take you up on it!