Speeding Ticket

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Speeding Ticket

Post by Hagar46 »

Got my first speeding ticket in 15 years on 291 in Liberty. First words out of the police officer's mouth were, "You're having way too much fun driving that MINI Cooper! I have you going 60 in a 45 zone." He was right. I was having withdrawal pains thinking about running on the track at Heartland Park, Topeka. Can't wait till next spring. Three miles per hour discrepency on speedo was no help!
Last edited by Hagar46 on Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Ouch! What's that gonna cost?

More than a Wed afternoon at HPT I'll bet!

I don't know why I haven't gotten a ticket (touch wood) as I often have way too much fun with mine too! 8) :lol:
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

This may be of help when traveling on 152 and 291...:D

http://www.valentine1.com/
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
saturn

Post by saturn »

ragtopday wrote:This may be of help when traveling on 152 and 291...:D

http://www.valentine1.com/
I couldn't agree more! I don't have this particular model, but I have forward and rearward detection and it comes in very handy!
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

I have a radar detector as well now, I got 3 tix three this summer, one in my Explorer and the others in Big Papi. Before that I hadn't had a tix in 10 years. Did some research and found out that they have inc reased radaring by over 200% in the last year as a way to increase revenue... NOT safety but revenue generation, so don't kid yourselves. They are in a take no prisoners mentality and don't speed.
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

$104.50
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Better than mine $110.00, $500.00 & 109.00
longlivekel

Post by longlivekel »

I drove to liberty every day when i worked at the parts store and never got pulled over.. I always got pulled over goin through stupid freakin smithville. Also whats the deal with the prices!! does it depend on how much of a douche the cop is?
73 in a 35 cost me 124.00... 60 in a 35 in smithville was 650.00

Neither my fault. (of course :P)
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

I have two words for you "REVENUE GENERATION" not "PUBLIC SAFETY". Don't kid yourselves they do it to generate revenue for the city. When I got my one for $500 in Mission, KS I saw 200 people there that night and listened to what the fines were for them. Obiviously most were speeding and the fine cap in that city is $500. The average fine totalled, including cost to reduce it to a misdemenaor and keep off your record nearly $425.

425 x 200 = $85,000 in one night (approx)

meets once a week times 52 weeks a year, that is $4,420,000 a year

Do the math !!!!!!!! --- REVENUE GENERATION !!!!!!!!!!!
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

I guess the simple answer would be not to speed, cost the city that 4 million a year. Then again in Australia they have the speed cameras that on certain weekends have no tolerance, as in 1 mph over and you get a nice 200 dollar ticket. I'd say that what happens here is fair comparatively.
Esmter

Post by Esmter »

Big Papi wrote:I have two words for you "REVENUE GENERATION" not "PUBLIC SAFETY".
don't be an ass.

it's your choice to go faster than posted signs and break the law, and their prerogative to enforce said law. Remove your foot from the pedal and your mouth (keyboard?) and you might save yourself some money.
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

I wasn't really complaining about the ticket. I deserved it. I was more interested in the first words of the police officer. Maybe he was envious of the MINI. :D
George

Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Esmter wrote:
Big Papi wrote:I have two words for you "REVENUE GENERATION" not "PUBLIC SAFETY".
don't be an ass.

it's your choice to go faster than posted signs and break the law, and their prerogative to enforce said law. Remove your foot from the pedal and your mouth (keyboard?) and you might save yourself some money.
Hey who pi**ed in your cherrios?

Listen up Captain Perfect !!!!

I never said I was right for speeding. What I stated was a personal opinion based on facts and observations if you don't like my comment stay out of the thread or at the least be polished in your comments. Coming on here in and blogging with a "holier than thou" is not appreciated. Are you a law enforcement official? Can you back up your comments?

I will bet you any amount of money that you speed everyday. According to the so called standard you just outlined in your rather brash and brazen comments, if you go over the speed limit at any time, for any reason and for any length of time you are "breaking the law". Why don't you go drive to the nearest city Hall and cough up the hundreds of dollars you owe each city you drive in while touting that brazen attitude and see what happens.

It is a fact that cities use ticketing as a way to generate revenue, go ask them they will tell you that it is the case !!!!
Esmter

Post by Esmter »

i never said they didn't - i told you to stop whining about it. the simple fact is that you were in the wrong, and they caught you. what they do with said monies gained from your law breaking activities is irrelevant.

and no, i don't speed.

george, i bet you were having fun! i understand law enforcement has a difficult job on their hands, and enjoy when they have a sense of humour about it :D .
RojoCohete

Post by RojoCohete »

whoa... easy on the exclamation points there big papi. this is a public message board
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Esmter wrote:i never said they didn't - i told you to stop whining about it. the simple fact is that you were in the wrong, and they caught you. what they do with said monies gained from your law breaking activities is irrelevant.

and no, i don't speed.

george, i bet you were having fun! i understand law enforcement has a difficult job on their hands, and enjoy when they have a sense of humour about it :D .
As I said I admitted that I was speeding, what I was stating was fact. It is a public message board as RojoCohete says so since I paid it and admitted my guilt I will complain if I want too :P . Your comment calling me an "ass" is what offened me and hence generated my retort. Otherwise frankly I can take a joke or razzing with the best of them. By the way and for the record I have family in law enforcment and military and support them 100% and as I said yes I was guilty of the stated offenses and I am an idot for speeding without a radar detector or period for that matter. However, life happens and karma is a bi*ch and bit me hard. I do not speed now and have learned a valuable costly lesson to check my ego on the road.

By the way I apologize for my rashness, it was 1:00am and it had been a long day when I saw the email. My bad for the post and the pm, sorry :cry: Next time there is an KCME event remind me I owe you a beer (nondriving event of course).
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

KC sounds like Colorado Springs. Speeding in the Springs is a 100% profit for the city. The motorcyle police have one job - to give tickets. They do nothing other than give tickets. Also, tickets in the Springs are 200% more than the County.

I think it is wrong to have police out there to only to give tickets, but it does keep me from speeding too much :)
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
sweetlou
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sweetlou »

I work for KCPD so speed your ass off in Kansas City. I need a raise :lol:

Mark
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

sweetlou wrote:I work for KCPD so speed your ass off in Kansas City. I need a raise :lol:

Mark
LOL :lol:
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
longlivekel

Post by longlivekel »

Smithville I was pulled over 2 times in one month.
Doing 28 in a 35 and 26 in a 35. 8am on both occasions...
Cop had me sit in the passenger seat the first time as he harassed me and the second time the cop had me step out of the car and harassed me..
1. Don't buy a green car
2. Smithville Cops can eat a D***

:P
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

So you got pulled over for NOT SPEEDING?
Mr. F56
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away............Ok, it was Johnson drive in Mission. :lol:

I was driving my best girl home about 11 pm, moving comfortably at or below the speed limit when I got pulled over. The officer said it was because I had a tail light out, but when I got out of the car and walked around back with him, it was glowing away! I looked at him quizically and he said "Well it wasn't working when I pulled you over! By the way, what's this thing got in it?"

The truth came out, he just wanted a closer look at my car - I couldn't blame him, I was driving my red Dino! 8) Image
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

No one said Law Enforcement didn't like cars. My dad and brother, on the way back from California. go pulled over in his 69 mustang. It had just been fully restored and apparently the state trooper wanted a closer look. There was a good case for my brother to get several tickets...1) expired California plates 2) no drivers license, my bro was driving and he was only 15 3) speeding

there were no tickets or any mention of the above violations, the guy just wanted to take a look at the car. It was preaty sweet.
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

sweetlou wrote:I work for KCPD so speed your ass off in Kansas City. I need a raise :lol:

Mark
Does that mean you have to hit a quota each month, even though you guys always claim there aren't any? Come on you can tell us we won't tell anyone :lol: