3rd Annual Holiday Lights Drive, Tuesday December 23rd

KC MINI Club Announcements & Welcome Info
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

3rd Annual Holiday Lights Drive, Tuesday December 23rd

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Join us for the 3rd Annual Holiday Lights Drive through Longview's Christmas in the Park on Tuesday December 23rd (DATE CHANGE!!!)

We'll meet at Heartland Nursery's parking lot at 6:30 P.M. (I-470 and View High Drive) and depart as a group shortly thereafter. There is no charge to tour the lights exhibit. Charitable donations are accepted at the end.

After the drive, we'll head to JP Coffee for warm drinks.

Info on the lights here:
http://www.co.jackson.mo.us/content/3275/3617/4584.aspx

Heartland Nursery's website with directions:
http://heartlandnursery.com/directions.htm
(They have beautiful poinsettias should you be in the shopping spirit!)

JP Coffee Co.:
http://www.jpcoffeeco.com/

Please RSVP with number of cars/people. Can't wait to see how everyone decks out their MINIs for the drive!

Kabootist is working on a potential Motoring Hearts charitable activity for the club this month. More info will be posted as it becomes available.
Last edited by ragtopday Johnna on Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I'm there!

Doing these events on a Thursday always insures that I'll be driving alone, Rose works Tues, Wed and Thurs.........
Last edited by Minidave on Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

The two of will be there. It's always a fun time visiting with friends ---
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
monty
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by monty »

count us in.
2015 MINI Cooper S. Thunder Gray/Black roof, cold weather package, sport package, JCW Tuning kit and exhaust.
Name : Handsome Rob
Ricardo

3rd Annual Holiday Lights Drive through Longview's Christmas

Post by Ricardo »

Good Deal!! To be my first time with the group I´ll maybe have to leave after the drive this time. But Count me in!
matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by matti the mini »

count me in
Bentley

Gertti - MCS '13 - BRG2, JCW Tuner Package, and more!

formerly:
Matti - MCS '004- BRG, premium, sport, cold, bonnet stripes, boot stripes, rally lights, window tint, nav - british voice mod, Helix CAI and 15% reduction pully, euro parcel shelf
MiniGeoff
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniGeoff »

The whole lot of us are in. It's so close, I don't know how we could say no anyway!
03 PS/Bl MCS - Alta CAI - Alta 15% pulley - Denso Irdiums - Kingsborne wires - Screamin' Deamon Coil - Yellow Konis - H-Sport Springs - H-Sport rear swaybar - H-Sport adjustable rear control arms - M7 Front strut brace - Sold
06 Subaru WRX
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

Count me in.

It will be just me this time, Judy will be in Des Moines.

Greg
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Hey Greg, it'll be great to see you again and say hi!
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kenshin138 »

Count me in, since I live in LS and all. :)
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

Minidave wrote:Hey Greg, it'll be great to see you again and say hi!
Dave-

It'll be good to see you all again, too! Its been a few months.

Got to meet the Mid-American Miata club gang a couple months ago since I was driving the Miata most of the summer. That's another fun group!

Now I'm back in the MINI for the winter. New tires, new battery -- I'm good to go!

Greg
Greg
Des Moines/KC/whatever
topnbirdie

thur Dec 18th

Post by topnbirdie »

Hello

This is form Dave and Birdie, we are nesw to the sight, we just brought a mini cooper wed the Dec 3rd. We would like to come along with you all on Dec 18 to see the lights. 2 people and 1 mini. Dave
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: thur Dec 18th

Post by Marlow Main »

topnbirdie wrote:Hello

This is form Dave and Birdie, we are nesw to the sight, we just brought a mini cooper wed the Dec 3rd. We would like to come along with you all on Dec 18 to see the lights. 2 people and 1 mini. Dave
Hello, Welcome and Congratulations on your new MINI!!!

3 people and 1 MINI (or the barking bus, if the streets are gross)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

If anyone would like to bring new hats, gloves or mittens to the drive, I'm collecting for Operation Breakthrough this year. They are providing Christmas gifts for 3,000 children and many of them could use a hat and gloves. :D
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

The Goose and possibly 1 passenger :)
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

Sorry, our plans have changed. We will not be able to attend the holiday lights drive after all.
speed_racer

Post by speed_racer »

Well, I'm still tentative, which stinks because I enjoyed this the last time I went (and it's in LS, about 5 minutes from my house!). But I have some dental work that afternoon and I'm not sure how I'll be feeling.

So the best I can say is if I'm not there when you get ready to leave, then don't wait on me. Sorry to be so difficult, but I won't know until right before the drive how I feel... Sorry. :? :roll:
matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by matti the mini »

Just got off the phone with Johnna, she is out of town and said we will evaluate the drive conditions as the day progresses tomorrow.

Stay tuned for updates.
Bentley

Gertti - MCS '13 - BRG2, JCW Tuner Package, and more!

formerly:
Matti - MCS '004- BRG, premium, sport, cold, bonnet stripes, boot stripes, rally lights, window tint, nav - british voice mod, Helix CAI and 15% reduction pully, euro parcel shelf
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

matti the mini wrote:Just got off the phone with Johnna, she is out of town and said we will evaluate the drive conditions as the day progresses tomorrow.

Stay tuned for updates.
I'm actually stuck in the snow in Vegas and at best, will make it back to KC late tomorrow if the KC weather is decent. Ugh. Will y'all keep each other posted tomorrow? Have fun if the weather holds out!
mzupon
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mzupon »

I work until 7, won't get out of here until almost 8. Good luck with the weather, all!
-Zupon, OP MINIAC

Jack is THE Todd Pearson Signature Series #2 2006 MCSm HB w. Sport/Cold and iPod adapter.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

All of a sudden, I'm iffy for this drive - my brother is flying in tonight and I have to pick him up at the downtown airport. Have fun if I don't make it and take lots o pics!
Last edited by Minidave on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

IowaM1N1 wrote:Count me in.

It will be just me this time, Judy will be in Des Moines.

Greg
I'm changing from a 'for sure' to a 'weak maybe'.

Suffering some unexpected medical issues this morning -- if it doesn't get better then I won't be there.

Greg
Greg
Des Moines/KC/whatever
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

Seeing as the "Goose" is clean and shiny,and the wx is supposed to get nasty :evil: I think we'll pass on tonights drive. Stay safe , keep your MINI out of the ditches and your wheels right side up! :thumbsup2: Don't know if this ic PC or not, but a Merry Christmas to all of you.-Frank
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Maybe we need to reshedule to another day?

Tonight's forecast..............Dark!

Continued mostly dark tonight followed by widely scattered light in the morning! :lol:
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
MiniGeoff
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniGeoff »

I'm thinking maybe waiting a few days might be a good idea, not only because of the weather but just because a lot of people are having conflicts. I live just a couple miles from our meeting spot, and Mrs. MiniGeoff says it's not bad there yet, but reports are coming into my office of an oncoming ice appocalypse.

In any case, that moves me from a solid "yeah" to a wishy-washy "maybe" as well.

Maybe Monday or Tuesday next week for a reschedule?
03 PS/Bl MCS - Alta CAI - Alta 15% pulley - Denso Irdiums - Kingsborne wires - Screamin' Deamon Coil - Yellow Konis - H-Sport Springs - H-Sport rear swaybar - H-Sport adjustable rear control arms - M7 Front strut brace - Sold
06 Subaru WRX