Favorite Donut?

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Favorite Donut?

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

I'd love to hear everyone's favorite donut shops in the area...not just the chain places, but more specifically the locally owned neighborhood shops. Anyone got a suggestion on a "don't miss" donut shop?
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
LittleRed

Post by LittleRed »

John's Space Age Donuts is my favorite. 8) It's at 8124 Floyd Street just west of Metcalf.
I used to walk there before I moved. :cry:
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

QT cinnamon bun
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

LittleRed wrote:John's Space Age Donuts is my favorite. 8) It's at 8124 Floyd Street just west of Metcalf.
I used to walk there before I moved. :cry:
So you're saying the next KC care package needs chocolate, cupcakes AND donuts? :lol: Thanks for the recommendation! I drive by there all the time, but never when they are open. I need to make an effort to get there earlier!
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
LittleRed

Post by LittleRed »

There's also a couple of Fluffy Fresh places around KC (one on State Line and one on Johnson Dr in Mission). Great donuts but they sale out early too.

I was in KC for less than 24 hours over Christmas but I managed to stop at Christopher Elbow for some chocolates. :D I hope to be in KC during March for a longer stay. Maybe we can meet up for donuts or something.
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

I second John's Space Age Donuts. Kathy beat me to it. I haven't had one for a long time, but I remember them to be very yummy.
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Here are a couple of pics to make you miss KC...

These are from the new Cosentino's downtown. The chocolate selection is AMAZING!
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

SHAME on you Johnna for your post----I'm down 20
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Davester wrote:SHAME on you Johnna for your post----I'm down 20
Sorry for the temptation...I had to fight off the temptation in person and it was a challenge! :wink: Congrats on 20! I'm guessing none of those chocolates could taste as good as thin feels. :lol:
sweetlou
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sweetlou »

I like how the news said the pricing and products will be comparable to their other Price Chopper's. I haven't seen that case at our Price Chopper in Liberty.

Maybe the new one they are building will have it. Like I need that.

Mark

BTW, call me what you want I enjoy a basic Krispy Kreme doughnut.
LittleRed

Post by LittleRed »

WOW!!! :shock:

It's a good thing that I picked up some Christopher Elbow while I was there over Christmas.
opqr265

Post by opqr265 »

i am the king of all jerks. the lowest of the lowest.

Carry on good people
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Favorite Donut?

Post by BLUGOOSE »

Who is this opqr jerk???
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Spam does not go well with donuts! 8)
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Mr. opqr265 is gone now. Sorry for the interruption. And to you, Mr. opqr265, don't mess with the donut lady! The nerve of you to spam my donut thread! :twisted:

Speaking of Spam not going well with donuts, I didn't think bacon would either but turns out it does. Maybe one of you adventurous eaters can try out Spam with a donut and let me know?
cdecker78

Post by cdecker78 »

Just find me a shop that will make me a SPAM Donut. :shock:
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

cdecker78 wrote:Just find me a shop that will make me a SPAM Donut. :shock:
I can arrange that if you'll eat it. I'm thinking maybe a pineapple/SPAM combo. :lol:

Maybe I'll plan a Grassroots Gathering drive to a donut shop before my year of donut adventures comes to an end...and make sure it is someplace that doesn't mind adding canned meat to a donut or two.
cdecker78

Post by cdecker78 »

ragtopday wrote:
cdecker78 wrote:Just find me a shop that will make me a SPAM Donut. :shock:
I can arrange that if you'll eat it. I'm thinking maybe a pineapple/SPAM combo. :lol:

Maybe I'll plan a Grassroots Gathering drive to a donut shop before my year of donut adventures comes to an end...and make sure it is someplace that doesn't mind adding canned meat to a donut or two.

MMMM Pineapple!