Good Mechanic Shop North of River??

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
sweetlou
MINIAC
MINIAC

Good Mechanic Shop North of River??

Post by sweetlou »

We have a good friend who is getting HOSED by a shop over her car, she has always used this shop but there have been some personnel change and before she knew it they were taking advantage of her. She has a 2003 Cadillac CTS and one thing has led to another but now they have had her car for ten days over a left front brake hose. they say it is on national back order and they are even charging her a storage fee, among many other things.

I found some hose's on-line and I will call around tomorrow to find one locally the problem is I don't have a chance to put it on and none of my regular guy's can either. This present shop is feeding her so much crap if I posted it it would sound unreal, we have all heard them and this would be up there with the best of them. I do not know the name of the shop or I would gladly post it.

What i need is a trusted shop to get this lady going around the Parkville, I-29 and Barry area some where up there. its the only car she has and needs it back asap. So if anybody knows of a good shop around this are please let me know.

Thanks
Mark
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Mark--

It's 10 miles or so away from where you are looking, but I would suggest Steve's in Liberty. He works on our domestic vehicles and occasionally bangs around on Moxie when we get stuck. Maybe push the car far enough away from the other shop so you can call AAA for a tow to Steve's? :wink:

Johnna
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
sweetlou
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sweetlou »

I remeber we have had a conversation about them before and a sunbird you had before the mini's came to town. So I am keeping them in mind.

Thank You

Mark
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

He kept that Sunbird running on the original engine to almost 300,000 miles. :shock:
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
GoDogGo

Post by GoDogGo »

I've used Dave's Foreign Car Repair in Parkville. He's at 6208 NW Bell Rd. This is just next to the Price Chopper at 9 Hwy and 64th Street.

Don't let the name fool you, I've used Dave for over 15 years to fix all our cars, foreign and domestic. Dave has been around forever (he was recommended to me by someone who went to high school with him, Park Hill I think). He has always treated us fairly.

Since my warranty's expired, I've been having him work on my MINI. He did my brakes for less than 1/2 of what Baron quoted, using the same OEM parts.

-Randy
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

I've lived in the Northland area for approx 30yrs and in that time have only taken my vehicles to Northland Auto on 45 Hgway in front of "Nick& Jakes". Bob Rooney is the owner and has been there as long as I can remember. Phone # is 741-5240.
More important is that all the guys in the shop have been there almost as long as Bob has. Note;once my cars were out of warrantee this is where they were serviced. Frank
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
RojoCohete

Post by RojoCohete »

I have to vote for Steve's in Liberty also. He's worked on my BMWs, our Jeep and even does the safety inspection of my motorcycle. And he's very affordable.