service at Baron?

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

service at Baron?

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Has anyone had any routine maintenance done at Baron lately? John called today to make an appt. for my car and I'm feeling a little unsettled taking my car in if the experience making the appt. is indicative of how things are there right now...

Anyone been there recently? Will they love my MINI?!?
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Last time I was there was when they replaced my windshield, prior to that they'd always done a good job for me......

The check in procedure to make an appointment is pretty silly, to me. I wonder if they've outsourced that or something?

I'm kinda hoping once they get into the new building things will get more personal again, although service is being done there now, you still check in at the BMW service drive - at least the last time I was there you did.

What are you having done? Are you still in warranty?

I think the techs are still MINI-lovers, even if the appointment people don't have a clue.......
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
sweetlou
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sweetlou »

Johnna

I called today and have a loaner set up for Wednesday already, I was expecting 1-2 weeks out. I asked one time when Nate was the Mini adviser what was up with "appointment setters" he told me then it was something that was new but it did help because he was getting phone calls relating to selling BMW's all day long and he would have to transfer them himself. Sometimes you get an appointment setter that doesn't do to good and end up talking to the adviser anyway.

Today was a good experience though, one of the things it is going in for is a rattle somewhere in the roof that they have not been able to find on previous trips and it drives me Nucking Futs so they have one more try at it before I am unhappy.

Hope this helps

Mark

P.S. Looking good going down the road Saturday!
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Minidave wrote: What are you having done? Are you still in warranty?
It's about time for my annual oil change and I'm due for a brake fluid flush. I'm way out of warranty, but have a rewards certificate from my MINI card so I gotta go there to use it. Otherwise, I'd be on the other side of the highway. I had big work done over there last month for half of Baron's price.
sweetlou wrote: I called today and have a loaner set up for Wednesday already, I was expecting 1-2 weeks out.
P.S. Looking good going down the road Saturday!
I got in quickly also although it took a little insistence that my car was indeed due for the services. Who argues about taking someone's money?!? Interesting about the appt. setters-thanks for that info. Your car was looking pretty shiny on Saturday, too! What a great day for a little motoring!
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
saturn

Post by saturn »

Had my oil changed a week and a half ago, no problems with me. My SA got a tad bit snotty when I arrived though. I had scheduled for an oil change and when I got there, I let him know that I wanted the check-valve due to weepy washers and that my inner fender lining was warping and coming down. I knew that the part was something that they would have to order. Well, when I told him about those things he said, "well we'll see what we can do, after all you only scheduled for an oil change. I asked him about the part and he indeed said that they would have to order it. They got everything else done though, and I had brought it back last tuesday for the fender liner and again, no probs. In and Out.
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

I called about two weeks ago and spoke to the "appointment setter" for an oil change. He asked which of the two oil changes did I want. I asked what the difference was and he got really snotty about having to explain this to me. HOW RUDE !!! By the way, Baron has always used Castrol brand motor oil but now they use Valvoline. Don't know if that makes a difference, but I was not informed of the change by the SA.It was just noted on my receipt. My car has 77,000 miles and I hope by changing brands, it won't start burning or leaking oil. I bought some extra oil in parts dept. and it was the same looking bottle that I bought last year(Castrol).
Lots of luck----
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Sorry,I was getting the "DEBUG MODE" message
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Davester wrote:I called about two weeks ago and spoke to the "appointment setter" for an oil change. He asked which of the two oil changes did I want. I asked what the difference was and he got really snotty about having to explain this to me. HOW RUDE !!! By the way, Baron has always used Castrol brand motor oil but now they use Valvoline. Don't know if that makes a difference, but I was not informed of the change by the SA.It was just noted on my receipt. My car has 77,000 miles and I hope by changing brands, it won't start burning or leaking oil. I bought some extra oil in parts dept. and it was the same looking bottle that I bought last year(Castrol).
Lots of luck----
Do you think they are using one brand in the garage and selling another in parts? I've got a whole two days to sort through this and considering the oil leakiness (is that a word, leakiness?) I've dealt with from day one (from itty bitty seals all the way to a head gasket), I don't want to increase the likelihood of further issues. Yikes!

And it sounds like you go the same appointment setter that John got today. :roll:
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Why would it matter to a leak what brand of oil you put in? I could see it making a difference going from regular to synthetic, but the same weight one brand to the next? Really?
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I don't know how it would matter to a leak, but I don't think I want to go switching brands either. Don't most of us stick with one brand long-term? Why is that? (Seriously, I'm not being snarky here, I really don't know why we always use one brand if there's no danger in switching it up.)
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Neither am I, I really am just asking the question, would it matter?

As to changing brands, even tho there are differences in the exact formulations between brands, I really doubt it makes any diference what kind you use on a change..........I've used everything under the sun, mixed and matched at will and I've never had any kind of oil related engine failures, even in extremely high mileage vehicles. I think the main thing is to use good quality from a name brand supplier, other than that..........?

But I do know a lot of people swear by their brand and won't use anything else, and I say more power to them.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Punk_Mini

Post by Punk_Mini »

Well good thing I have been servicing my MINI myself because from the sounds of it being 4 hours away would cause some unneeded frustration and things to be over due because I have gone to changing oil every 3-5k on account of my 25k mile a year driving average.

The last time my car has been to baron was when I was stranded 2 hours from home and 2 hours from the dealer so I ended up having to be flat bedded to the dealer for a bad throttle body wiring harness. I know for sure my MINI will never see baron again for emergency repair. It will either be towed to a different MINI dealer of equal distance (Omaha) or to my house which depends on where I am at.
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

I had mine in last week for an interum oil change, not the standard service at 15-17K as the car calls for. I made the appointment a week in advance and waited for it. I was in at 8:00am and out at 9:15am and that included the oil change with the regular service still to come in 6,000 miles and they washed and dried the car and vacummed it out and power washed my mats. I was very happy and it was done at the new building, Russ the SA was really on top of things and everyone seemd very happy.
MiniGeoff
MINIAC
MINIAC

You know my opinion on the place...

Post by MiniGeoff »

But just to add another example of my position, I called last week to ask about an estimate to replace my oil filter assembly (which I still haven't done, grrr) got forwarded to Russ's voice mail (that still says VW service) and still haven't gotten a call back.

The heck with them, if they don't want my business, I they can't have it. No wonder they are losing customers across the highway. Who wouldn't want better service at a cheaper price?
03 PS/Bl MCS - Alta CAI - Alta 15% pulley - Denso Irdiums - Kingsborne wires - Screamin' Deamon Coil - Yellow Konis - H-Sport Springs - H-Sport rear swaybar - H-Sport adjustable rear control arms - M7 Front strut brace - Sold
06 Subaru WRX
duhgrif

Re: service at Baron?

Post by duhgrif »

I have been out of the Mini loop for a couple of years. My new mini will be recieved next week, if all goes to plan. I too, notice a different feeling with the new group at Baron. I felt so comfortable with Andy, Gabe, and Lisa. They just seemed to love Mini's as much as I do. I will try to give everyone a chance to get up to speed. There are so many things to learn. And Mini owners are so knowledgeable like few other makes. :wink:
toeknee

Post by toeknee »

We do most of our service ourselves, but the one comment I have is about the new parts department. I broke the dipstick a couple days ago while checking the oil and went in to get a new one. Parts is stuck in the service garage and is impossible to reach by phone (trust me, I spent at least 10 minutes being transferred between buildings and departments). Once there, I got the part and then had to go back into the regular building to pay. It's just set up very awkward.
v
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Wait, you had to go back over to the BMW store to pay? That's nonsense!

Maybe they just didn't have the credit card machines set up yet?
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
toeknee

Post by toeknee »

Minidave wrote:Wait, you had to go back over to the BMW store to pay? That's nonsense!

Maybe they just didn't have the credit card machines set up yet?

No, I had to go back into the main Mini building from the parts counter which is in the service garage. It's just an awkward set-up.
pepperliz
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by pepperliz »

Hello Fellow Motorers,

I wanted to respond to the post regarding the Parts Counter. We are still settling into the new building and unfortunately the new Parts Counter did not arrive with the other furniture and displays. Eventually the Retail Parts Counter will be inside the showroom all the way to the back. You will be able to access from the front door or the Service door. In the interim, we are having customers use the Technicians parts counter in the Service Department. Please bear with us in the meantime.

We look forward to seeing everyone at the Grand Opening Party (minus our Parts counter) on Saturday April 18th. It begins at 8PM. Please RSVP to Kristi at 913-671-1317.

Liz Higham
Motoring Advisor
Baron MINI
2006 MCS, PW
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Aha!

Thanks for straightening that out for us Liz.

Nice to know someone at Baron is monitoring the forum too.......

My last visit was when they added my "Audi blade" on my clubby, the car was ready on time, washed and as clean as it was when they delivered it to me new, in fact that's when I took my avatar pic.

Nice!

Oh BTW, I'd love to have a set of those garage doors on my house - those are cool!
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
toeknee

Post by toeknee »

Good to know, Liz. Thanks for the info!