Minis In the Mountains August 5-9, 2009

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

http://www.MINI5280.com
Attachments
MITM2009.jpg
MITM2009.jpg (177.19 KiB) Viewed 6780 times
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Minis In the Mountains August 5-9, 2009

Post by Marlow Main »

MITM4-August 5-9 (only 67 days left)
Registration is open until July 26.

Colorado is beautiful and loaded with twisties for your MINI. MINI5280 does a nice job mapping out all the drives.
There will be several of your favorite vendors on site so you can get mods, buy products/swag or wash your grubby MINI every day for free (or more as needed :wink: ) while getting the opportunity to meet some really neat people from the MINI Motoring community. Plus, as an added bonus, while the weather will be sticky & hot here in August, in Colorado it will be chilly in the mornings and cool in the afternoons.

We have had a blast the last 2 years, so we are going again. Anyone else thinking about going or already signed up?

Details and registration can be found at http://www.minisinthemountains.com/

Remember you can get a copy of the Colorado visitors guide to help plan out activities that your passengers might enjoy also.
https://www.colorado.com/ColoradoGuide.aspx

Let's Rally!
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

Debra and I think this may be the best of the big MINI gatherings and recommend it to everyone. It is a beautiful location with good accommodations and some great roads. It is more relaxed than the Dragon or Las Vegas. I do suggest to anyone that goes that they get up early one morning and do the sunrise at Mt. Evans. I wish we could go this year, but buying the new MINI won out over the MINI trips.
09 Clubman S LB/B, 3 Pkgs, JCW Wheel, JCW Tuning Kit, H&R Springs, ALTA 19mm swaybar
14 Paceman S All4, Starlight Blue/White, Fully loaded, JCW Steering Wheel
David & Debra
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

No............you've got it backwards.............

One of the whole points of buying a new MINI is to then take a great road trip in it!

I've done one and have 2 or 3 more planned for this year already......... :wink:
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

Minidave wrote:No............you've got it backwards.............

One of the whole points of buying a new MINI is to then take a great road trip in it!

I've done one and have 2 or 3 more planned for this year already......... :wink:
We wanted to do the South Dakota and Colorado trips this year but with paying the 05 off, paying for Kat's first semester of college and some unexpected house repairs there just was nothing left over for vacations. We plan to hit the road next year for a couple of road trips we just have to decide which ones :D
09 Clubman S LB/B, 3 Pkgs, JCW Wheel, JCW Tuning Kit, H&R Springs, ALTA 19mm swaybar
14 Paceman S All4, Starlight Blue/White, Fully loaded, JCW Steering Wheel
David & Debra
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

We have reservations in Copper Mtn. Going to Ft Collins and Estes first. Have not registered for the event yet. Just have to get my wife comfortable enough to drive stick shift on the highway. She can't see changing gears because you "just have to stop and start again". The only time she drove a stick alone was in 1976. She took our 260 Z on a shopping trip. And that was the first and last time! :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds:
Mr. F56
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

DA MINI wrote:Just have to get my wife comfortable enough to drive stick shift on the highway. She can't see changing gears because you "just have to stop and start again". The only time she drove a stick alone was in 1976. She took our 260 Z on a shopping trip. And that was the first and last time! :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds:

Just do what I did...leave for a foreign country for a few weeks and leave her with a car she hates and the Mini...she'll learn to drive the Mini very quickly and then proceed to make it her daily driver.
toeknee

Post by toeknee »

Just do what I did...leave for a foreign country for a few weeks and leave her with a car she hates and the Mini...she'll learn to drive the Mini very quickly and then proceed to make it her daily driver.[/quote]

Yep, by driving around our neighborhood late at night so there was no traffic to get made that I killed it at the same stop sign four times or rolled backward down the hill a far way.
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

DA MINI wrote:We have reservations in Copper Mtn. Going to Ft Collins and Estes first. Have not registered for the event yet. Just have to get my wife comfortable enough to drive stick shift on the highway. She can't see changing gears because you "just have to stop and start again". The only time she drove a stick alone was in 1976. She took our 260 Z on a shopping trip. And that was the first and last time! :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds:

...there is plenty of time for her to practice on the drive out :wink:
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

We are officially pre-paid for the registration and hotel reservation's at the Copper Mtn Lodge. Will be arriving at the hotel Aug 6 staying thru the 9th. We may leave Aug 5th so we can take our time getting there in the area.
osgoodd

Post by osgoodd »

We are also registered and taking our Lab. We are leaving on the 5th, very early and staying at a pet friendly hotel in Silverthorne for the first two nights, then have a pet friendly room at Copper Mtn for Fri and Sat nights. This is our first trip and are so excited :!:
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

For those who have gone - any reason to take our folding chairs? :ds: :ds: :ds:
Mr. F56
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

DA MINI wrote:For those who have gone - any reason to take our folding chairs? :ds: :ds: :ds:
Chairs were nice to have in the parking area, if you should decide to hang out there. Is there an outdoor movie this year? Chairs are good for that. If you are planning to go to any of the free Guitar Town stuff, you can take a chair there. And if the Aussie pie vendor is at Guitar Town, grab one for lunch. YUM!
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

Looking forward to this trip! Guess there will be only three ( well 6 people & 1 dog ) KC MINIACS there. I've got 3500 miles on my S so I'll have to park the car for the rest of the year after this trip. :lol: :ds: :ds: :ds:
Mr. F56
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Hopefully we'll spot a few of you on Friday. We'll be cycling through Copper at some point in the afternoon. :D
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

Sadly, we are not going to be able to make it this year. Think of us as you are twisting through the lovely mountains. :)
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

DA MINI wrote:Looking forward to this trip! Guess there will be only three ( well 6 people & 1 dog ) KC MINIACS there. I've got 3500 miles on my S so I'll have to park the car for the rest of the year after this trip. :lol: :ds: :ds: :ds:
You trying to beat us...da mini...lol. We have about 3400 after one month and a week. Would have more but had o take our truck to Dallas this last weekend for our son's wedding...dangitttt alllll...lol. See everyone this weekend, we are leaving Wednesday morn.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Yeah, but his 3400 is after a year and a week! :D
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
saturn

Post by saturn »

For all those going, please have a safe and fun trip!
Happy motoring!!!
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

What a blast this was.....glad we went!!!!!

Best drive for us was the Turqoise Lake Run......

Mt Evans at midnight was a bit cold..... actually.... a lot cold....

Met some really great people from Houston, Florida, Chicago, Canada,.......and of course the other KCME club members who were gracious enough to show us the ropes .... we are still newbies and need all the good tips we can get....
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

Fun event! Lots of parts were purchased and installed. Mini Fini installed several trailer hitches & Way Motors did 8 or so RSB's . Lots of clear bras were done along with graphics by Asethics ( sp? ). Todd was selling his Motoring Badges. Some people bought snazzy leather MINI jackets ( wear it Thurs Kay ).
According to my Garmin I drove a total of 30 hours, 1900 miles, at an average speed of 54 mph.
Turquoise Lake was the only drive we took. However the BBQ contest in Dillion and the art show in Frisco were delightful entertainment.
I was going to wash my car Saturday morning ( for the !NUF show ) only to be encountered by 34 degrees and ice on the roof of my car!
:ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds:
Mr. F56
osgoodd

Post by osgoodd »

We also had a great time. Took Monday off to unpack and wash all the bugs off and vacuum dog hair. Harvey stayed in bed all day :!: Have you checked out everyone's pictures on NAM? Check out the group photo. I think it turned out great.
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

DA MINI wrote:Fun event! Lots of parts were purchased and installed. Mini Fini installed several trailer hitches & Way Motors did 8 or so RSB's . Lots of clear bras were done along with graphics by Asethics ( sp? ). Todd was selling his Motoring Badges. Some people bought snazzy leather MINI jackets ( wear it Thurs Kay ).
According to my Garmin I drove a total of 30 hours, 1900 miles, at an average speed of 54 mph.
Turquoise Lake was the only drive we took. However the BBQ contest in Dillion and the art show in Frisco were delightful entertainment.
I was going to wash my car Saturday morning ( for the !NUF show ) only to be encountered by 34 degrees and ice on the roof of my car!
:ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds: :ds:
Gotcha beat again... 2227 mile's for this trip....lol. Wear my leather coat!!!...it's gonna be in the 90's...but I have a/c...lmao. Tilly has to be in Florida this week, so if he leave's me the garmin, i'll be there Thursday.