Kansas City Micro/Mini Car Club Car Show, Sunday, May 3.

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Kansas City Micro/Mini Car Club Car Show, Sunday, May 3.

Post by mcconned »

In todays KC Star I saw an announcement for the annual Kansas City Micro/Mini Car Club car show on Sunday, May 3.

I went to this last year and it is a hoot! Some of the cars are unbelievably small yet street legal. You'll see anything from Morris Mini's to Austin Mini Coopers to MG Midgets to cars you've never seen or heard of before.

I just spoke to the organizer and he said there is no pre-registration required....Just show up with your car. I would suggest you call him first to see if your car qualifies as a Micro/Mini although I'm pretty sure yours would.

Date: Sunday, May 3.
Where: Westwood, KS. City Hall
4700 Rainbow
Westwood, KS. 66205
Time: 1-4 p.m.
More info: 913 236-5224
Admission: Free but donations to off set expenses is welcome.

This is a FUN family event. I encourage you to bring a camera.
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Kansas City Micro/Mini Car Club Car Show, Sunday, May 3.

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

I'm with Dan on this one--super fun show. I look forward to it every year and saw lots of Miniacs there last year which made it even more fun!

I looked up the technical definition of micro/mini a few years ago and it seems like there were two criteria, one related to HP and the other related to car length, making the Classic Mini eligible but not the new MINI. Anyone got the specifics handy?

Hey, anybody wanna meet before for lunch or after for a snack or something? Lots to choose from nearby!
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
rarerover

Post by rarerover »

I have to work but I think I'll have lisa bring the car and I will show up later. Where's lunch going to be?
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

I'll probably go to the show. Don't know if I'll take the Mini out...
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Esmter

Post by Esmter »

we're in ( I think) - this was a lot of fun last year.

my search for a cool small car was definitely broadened!
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I'll be going down, it was great fun to see all the little guys.........I've worked on and driven most of them over the years, but it was fun to see some new ones.

It was also fun when the contingent of Smart cars pulled in, they were huge compared to most of the Micor cars on display! :D
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

rarerover wrote:I have to work but I think I'll have lisa bring the car and I will show up later. Where's lunch going to be?
I'm going to brunch before the show at 11:30 in the Northland with MiniX2. It's not near the show at all, but if anyone wants to join us, come on over.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.