Balducci Winery Run, August 29th

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Balducci Winery Run, August 29th

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

From Doug with the St. Louis MINI Club:

Mark you calendars to save August 29th for our annual run to the Louis P. Balducci Winery. As always we will have the most non direct route that only a MINI could love. At the winery we will have reserved parking and seating.

Come out and enjoy their good food (or bring you own), their good wine (don't bring your own), and prizes galore. As always we will have a raffle with the proceeds going to BACKSTOPERS.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Balducci Winery Run, August 29th

Post by ddmini »

This has always been a good drive in the past and we are looking forward to it again this year!
09 Clubman S LB/B, 3 Pkgs, JCW Wheel, JCW Tuning Kit, H&R Springs, ALTA 19mm swaybar
14 Paceman S All4, Starlight Blue/White, Fully loaded, JCW Steering Wheel
David & Debra
S-car-go
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by S-car-go »

Is this the winery by Augusta, MO? I am deffenately interested.
2012 Reef Blue Clubman "S" Hampton, auto, cold weather, driving lights.
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

Count us in for the ride. Look's like it is this side of St. Louis? Will you be posting more info like time and where to meet...etc...
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Here's info sent from Doug Travis this week:

THE SAINT LOUIS MINI CLUB
IS PLEASED TO INVITE YOU TO
THE 7TH ANNUAL RUN TO THE LOUIS P. BALDUCCI WINERY

Saturday August 29, 2009
Driver’s meeting at the northwest corner of Clayton and Clarkson
At 10:00 AM Sharp
As always this will be a benefit for BACKSTOPPERS, we will have a raffle for many great prizes, too many to mention, but to name a few, a MINI Garman GPS, a Dinan Strut Tower Brace, a MINI Cool Bag, a MINI Cuckoo Clock and many more raffle items and of course there will be attendance prizes too.
We will zig and zag thru the beautiful Missouri countryside and then enjoy the hospitality of the Balducci Winery. Great wine, great food, great roads, and great friends………….DON’T MISS THIS ONE.
Everyone will get a Winery Run Window Sticker and a coupon for 50% off your first bottle of wine.
Bring a picnic lunch (no outside alcohol please) or they have great food to purchase. For more information on the winery, go to www.balduccivineyards.com .
Don’t forget your camera & a GMRS/FRS radio if you have one.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
monty
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by monty »

Tracy and I are in for this one. Hopefully I did not jinks myself by saying I would go to soon. The last time I took time off from work for a trip someone with more seniority got the time over me.
2015 MINI Cooper S. Thunder Gray/Black roof, cold weather package, sport package, JCW Tuning kit and exhaust.
Name : Handsome Rob
bcmini

Post by bcmini »

If any of you are coming through columbia, I'll be leaving from the West Broadway Starbucks, near the Walmart by the mall, at 7:30am, which will put us in stl by 9:15 or so...if interested, it would be great to meet up there, grab some coffee then cruise together to stl...let us know...

Bryan and Tammy
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I ran into Doug and Donna Travis from StL Minis yesterday at Minis in the Mountains and they wanted to extend a BBQ invite to y'all...If you are going to StL the day before the winery run, they will be hosting a BBQ at their home that evening. If anyone is interested, I'll get details. :)

Johnna
monty
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by monty »

I may be jumping the gun here. But are we going to meet up somewhere for the drive up?
2015 MINI Cooper S. Thunder Gray/Black roof, cold weather package, sport package, JCW Tuning kit and exhaust.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

More info from Doug and an RSVP address...

Balducci Winery News

Saturday August 29, 2009

This year’s Balducci Winery Run is an event you won’t want to miss. We have planned a new route that will take you on some roads you have never been on and will keep your car zinging and zaging thru the beautiful Missouri countryside.

Once at the winery we will have reserved parking and a covered picnic area. A coupon for 50% off your first bottle of wine. There will be window stickers, and door prizes and a raffle to benefit BACKSTOPPERS. This years raffle will be the biggest yet. We will be raffling of items from Detail’s Paradise, Mini of Saint Louis, Out Motoring, Mini Fini, Mini Mania, American Mini Mates, Whalen Shift Machine, and many more. Just think, you could win a Mini Garman GPS, a Dinan strut tower brace, a MINI-Fini key rack, a Whalen 50th anniversary shift knob, t-shirts, car care products, a cuckoo clock, travel mugs, and too many items to list here. You won’t be disappointed that’s for sure.

There will be a prize for the longest distance traveled to get to the event.

A prize for the car with the most mileage.

The event will start at Fru Con Construction Headquarters, located on the north west corner of Clayton and Clarkson Roads. Just set your GPS for 15933 Clayton Road, Ballwin, MO 63022. This event is rain or shine, the drivers meeting will be at 10:00 AM.

This event should not be missed, have a lot of fun, come home with some wonderful gifts, and help a very worthy cause.

Please let us know if you are attending, to help us with our planning. Reply to newsletter@stlmini.com

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE.

Doug
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

monty wrote:I may be jumping the gun here. But are we going to meet up somewhere for the drive up?
We are planning on meeting up with bcmini in Columbia. Don't think anywhere is open around here at 4:30-5'ish a.m. to eat. So Starbuck's down the road sound's like a plan.
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

bcmini wrote:If any of you are coming through columbia, I'll be leaving from the West Broadway Starbucks, near the Walmart by the mall, at 7:30am, which will put us in stl by 9:15 or so...if interested, it would be great to meet up there, grab some coffee then cruise together to stl...let us know...

Bryan and Tammy
Would it be possible to get an address to put in the garmin for that particular Starbuck's. We are coming from KC and don't have a clue about Columbia...lol.
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

I am figuring it will take a little more than 3 hours from Lees Summit Rd & i70 to the meeting spot. Does anyone want to meet up and caravan there?
09 Clubman S LB/B, 3 Pkgs, JCW Wheel, JCW Tuning Kit, H&R Springs, ALTA 19mm swaybar
David & Debra
osgoodd

Post by osgoodd »

We would love to meet up and leave for St. Louis together. It will be fun.
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

I think somewhere on the east side on I-70 would be the best to meet up. Noland Rd has a wide selection of places to get gas and food. If we want to meet farther east, Woods Chapel Rd or 7-hwy in Blue Springs also have convenient places to gas and get food. Anyone have a preference?
David & Debra
monty
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by monty »

We wood like to meet up with you guys. Anywhere is fine with us.
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

We have had a change of plan's. We will not be meeting up in Columbia. Decided to leave a bit early..lol.. and go check out the Kentucky state fair in Louisville on Friday. We'll be at the meeting place in time for the driver's meeting on Saturday morn. :roll:
osgoodd

Post by osgoodd »

Meeting up in Blue Springs or Noland Road is fine with us. Not sure what makes the best sense. If we time it right we could meet up with the group in Columbia at 7:30.
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

just received this ---

BALDUCCI WINERY RUN RAFFLE LIST

The following items will be raffled at the 7th annual St. Louis Mini Club run. Raffle tickets will be $5.00 each or, 6 for $20.00 with all proceeds going to BACKSTOPPERS. (You can bring your checkbook; make your checks out to Backstoppers) The following are in no particular order:

1. MINI GPS by Garman

2. MINI Map Light

3. 2 Decorative Key Hooks

4. MINI Umbrella

5. 2 - Sweatshirts

6. 2 - Grill Badge Holders

7. 2 - Car Dusters

8. 4 - $50.00 gift certificates for Sugos Restaurant

9. Dinan strut tower brace for R53

10. 2 - Stuffed MINI bulldogs

11. Mini inside mirror cover

12. 2 - dual badge holders

13. 2 - $25 gift certificates from Mini Mania

14. 12 - Assorted Mini T-shirts

15. 7 - Different Mini Baseball Hats

16. Mini Travel Thermos & Mug Set

17. Mini 50th Anniversary Whalen shift knob

18. Minis in the Mountains Lunch Bag

19. Mini Cuckoo Clock

20. 3 - Mini Coffee Mugs, coloring set.

21. Prima Hydro Dry & Polymer Wax Set

22. Zippee Litter Bags

23. Mini Dinner Set……..2 place settings

24. Mini slot car set

25. Many other items, everyone should win something.

Don’t forget to be at the Fru Con Office building located at 15933 Clayton Road, Ballwin MO 63022 (north west corner of Clayton & Clarkson)

Rain or shine, drivers meeting at 10:00 AM and then we motor.

Don’t forget your camera and GMRS/FRS radio set to 11.5
Doug
Remember: Life is too short to drive a boring car!
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

" 18. Minis in the Mountains Lunch Bag"

Kay and Tilly want this! :lol:
Mr. F56
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

DA MINI wrote:" 18. Minis in the Mountains Lunch Bag"

Kay and Tilly want this! :lol:
ONLYYYY if it include's a new dry backseat and a new dry camera...roflmao
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

This sounds like a great little jaunt. We have missed the opportunity to attend this run the last two years, but since some plans have recently changed, we will be able to make it year. :D
osgoodd

Post by osgoodd »

How about meeting at the Sonic at 801 NW Woods Chapel Road in Blue Springs, at 6:00 am? Bryan and Tammy, if you will wait for us we should be in Columbia around 7:30. What is the address of the Starbucks you are talking about? Is it the one off of Hwy 63 and I70?
Denise & Everett
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

The Sonic at 6:00 sounds good.
David & Debra
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

Monty and I will be a little bit ahead of you. We plan on leaving the nortland about 4:30-4:45 am. We are hoping to get in Ballwin a little early and find a car wash....we would not want to show up to a St Louis MINI Club Rally with grubby MINIs. :lol: