September gathering--COORDINATOR NEEDED

KC MINI Club Announcements & Welcome Info
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

September gathering--COORDINATOR NEEDED

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

September, October and November are without club gatherings and coordinators for the gatherings. Do you have an idea for the club's September gathering? Got a fun drive in mind? A favorite burger spot that is MINI friendly? Post it up and I'll change the subject line with the date and details.

(If you've got something in mind for October or November, drop me a PM and I'll start a thread so you can post up the details.)
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: September gathering--COORDINATOR NEEDED

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

I've had an idea for a mini meeting but I'll have to look into the spot a little bit more. :)
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

A few ideas were tossed around at tonight's Sonic Cruise-In and I thought I would put them out there for input from everyone.

Five Guys in Olathe, we haven't been that far south for awhile

Five Guys and Jason's Deli (close to each other) at I-29 and Barry

Chick Fil-A in Liberty (I wasn't kidding about the traffic jam but that will surely subside by next month AND there's a Lowe's adjacent that has plenty of parking for all of us) There is also a Five Guys in the same parking area and a brand new Baskin Robbins.

Another full day, full belly, full gas tank idea was also chatted about, perhaps visiting all of the KC area restaurants that have been featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on the Food Network, 39th st. Mama's, YJs, Grinders and the BBQ Shack in Paola. Could make for a fun drive if someone wants to coordinate it.

Anyone want to coordinate something around one of these ideas?

Johnna (who is still befuddled about the traffic jam due to chicken sandwiches...)
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

One of my ideas for a meeting was to go to grinders. LoL. It's awesome food.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

Lets go to "CHICK A-FIL". I just luv that name,don't you?!-Frank
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

BLUGOOSE wrote:Lets go to "CHICK A-FIL". I just luv that name,don't you?!-Frank
Thanks, Frank, for stepping up to coordinate September's gathering. That's two in a row. :D Pick a date and I'll get it added here and to the calendar.

BTW, the massive traffic jams have already died down at the new Liberty location. I was by there this afternoon and there was one lonely car in line and no fella in a bright yellow vest directing traffic. It's almost back to normal over here!
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

ragtopday wrote:
BLUGOOSE wrote:Lets go to "CHICK A-FIL". I just luv that name,don't you?!-Frank
Thanks, Frank, for stepping up to coordinate September's gathering. That's two in a row. :D Pick a date and I'll get it added here and to the calendar.

BTW, the massive traffic jams have already died down at the new Liberty location. I was by there this afternoon and there was one lonely car in line and no fella in a bright yellow vest directing traffic. It's almost back to normal over here!
You know the reason for the traffic jams don't you? When they have a new store opening the first so many people in line get free food for a year. There is always people camped out for those things!
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Laurie wrote: You know the reason for the traffic jams don't you? When they have a new store opening the first so many people in line get free food for a year. There is always people camped out for those things!
It went on long after the first 100 people got their 52 combo meals coupons. That was an interesting scene. A couple hundred people pitched tents on asphalt with no shade for two days before the opening. For 3 days after the grand opening, they had someone directing traffic and turning people away from the drive thru line. I kept wondering if it would have been faster for them to drive to one of the other locations instead of waiting in Liberty, but I guess it is the new-ness. :roll:
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

Their chicken is good, but not camping out for 3 days good!
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

I would like to know at what point I "stepped up". Talk about getting railroaded. Thanks a bunch Johnna, I owe you one :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

i guess that what messing around with "Chick-A-Fil" gets ya-----
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

BBQ Shack in Paola is awesome...good BBQ...not much space for 10+ MINIs. We had some service issues last time but apparently he had just fired some of the help. Owner guy was running around like crazy.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

That could be a fun run, meet somewhere mid town and caravan down, or take a run after on some interesting roads......
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Minidave wrote:That could be a fun run, meet somewhere mid town and caravan down, or take a run after on some interesting roads......
Minidave and Kabootist--you guys wanna put something together for October? The calendar is open, pick a date. Sounds like fun! :D

(I vote for a run before, I saw the serving sizes on Triple-D!)
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I'll be out of the country in Oct for 10 days, and prior to that I'll be getting ready to go, after I'll be desperately trying to catch up. :shock: :?

I am going to organize a drive-in night either for the end of this month or sometime in early Sept tho.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
toeknee

Post by toeknee »

ragtopday wrote:
Minidave wrote:That could be a fun run, meet somewhere mid town and caravan down, or take a run after on some interesting roads......
Minidave and Kabootist--you guys wanna put something together for October? The calendar is open, pick a date. Sounds like fun! :D

(I vote for a run before, I saw the serving sizes on Triple-D!)

Kabootist and I will coordinate an October trip to the BBQ shack. Date to come soon!
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

September and October are covered! Thanks Blugoose, Toeknee and Kabootist!!

(Thread locked, see thread for the appropriate month for event details.)