Re: September, Preliminary planned, locked

KC MINI Club Announcements & Welcome Info
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: September, Preliminary planned, locked

Post by BLUGOOSE »

Talked to the owner/mgr of Chick-A-Fil and got the impression that at the present time the place is just too busy and the parking lot too small to accommodate us. She did say that we might try later on in the season after the madness has diminished.She also indicated that we might talk to the bank next door and ask if we might be able to park in their lot. She also did not want to disappoint us with bad service if we showed up with 20 or so folks all at once. Sooo,anyone else have any ideas for the Sept. meet?-Frank
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: September, Chick-Fil-A in Liberty

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

A few ideas:

1. Go to a different Chick-Fil-A, one that isn't new or overly crowded (Olathe, Independence, Ward Parkway)

2. Go to the one in Liberty at an off-peak time (mid-afternoon on a Sunday?)

3. Go to the one in Liberty whenever and park at the adjacent Lowe's. I'm not comfortable parking at the bank/office building nearby because of the patrons at the motel that shares their lot. We've met at that Lowe's before and there is always plenty of space in the back of their lot, which is very close to Chick-Fil-A.

4. Scrap the Chick-Fil-A idea for a few months, go on a drive instead. Maybe a reprise of a past gimmick or poker rally.

5. Check out Mugs Up in Independence for an old school drive-in restaurant experience.

6. Beg Baron to have us over for burgers on the grill or Saturday morning donuts and tech talk. Hmm...I really like that last one. :D

Johnna (who has been MINI deprived for two whole weeks!!)
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

I know owners of some of the Sheridan's around town, I could talk to them? One of them was wanting to do a annual monthly car show.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

LiLReD1 wrote:I know owners of some of the Sheridan's around town, I could talk to them? One of them was wanting to do a annual monthly car show.
That sounds like a good idea.. I also thought up one to go take a tour of the Shatto Milk farm in Osborn,MO. A good drive in the middle of nowhere. LOL
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

If I recall, I think the group might have done a run up to Shatto's already. I remember seeing pictures and it being really muddy. I could be wrong though.
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Yep it was a fun run too. It had rained the night before, although the day we were there was clear and warm IIRC. But, there was plenty o mud!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

it was brown but not all mud-- that was a cow pasture :lol:
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

That was a good run. The tour of the dairy barn was even fun. I have some pics here.
09 Clubman S LB/B, 3 Pkgs, JCW Wheel, JCW Tuning Kit, H&R Springs, ALTA 19mm swaybar
14 Paceman S All4, Starlight Blue/White, Fully loaded, JCW Steering Wheel
David & Debra