Almost 4th Annual Christmas in the Park, Dec. INPUT NEEDED

KC MINI Club Announcements & Welcome Info
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Almost 4th Annual Christmas in the Park, Dec. INPUT NEEDED

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Our club's annual tradition has been to go to Longview's drive-thru Christmas in the Park lights display and meet for coffee, beer, wine and pastries afterwards at a nearby coffee house. We've always gone on a Thursday night, but I am aware some folks have struggled to get there with traffic. Last year we tried and tried to get there but the weather wasn't cooperative.

Your input is needed this year. Would you like to go on a weeknight or a weekend night? We've gone a weeknight in the past because of the LARGE crowds on the weekend. We have also gone early in the evening so we can avoid the growing crowds. When would you like to go? Weeknight, weekend, early or late. Chime in please so we can establish a date.

Thanks for your input! :D
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Almost 4th Annual Christmas in the Park, Dec. INPUT NEEDED

Post by davester »

Weeknight and maybe a little later than normal so others can make it. less traffic, more fun---
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
cdecker78

Post by cdecker78 »

I vote for a Monday Night. Later in the evening
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

Anytime is ok for us.
matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by matti the mini »

Any weekend night is fine - may be a little tough with the girls and school schedules, but would love to attend this year.
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

No weeknight for me unless it's an extended holiday weekend. Otherwise I'm only here on the weekends.
S-car-go
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by S-car-go »

I prefer weekend gatherings but am flexable either way.
2012 Reef Blue Clubman "S" Hampton, auto, cold weather, driving lights.
arpredith

Post by arpredith »

Hi all !
Weekends work best .. sounds fun ! :D
Will keep checking to see what everyone decides ...
toeknee

Post by toeknee »

Friday or Saturday works best for us.
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

I would have to agree with Davester and say that during the week might be best. Has anyone tried to see the lights on the weekend? It's rediculous with the traffic and all. My vote would be for during the week if you don't want to deal with gobs of vehicles.-Frank
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

If we do a weekday I do not get off work until 6:00 so I would like after 7:00.
09 Clubman S LB/B, 3 Pkgs, JCW Wheel, JCW Tuning Kit, H&R Springs, ALTA 19mm swaybar
14 Paceman S All4, Starlight Blue/White, Fully loaded, JCW Steering Wheel
David & Debra
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

BLUGOOSE wrote:I would have to agree with Davester and say that during the week might be best. Has anyone tried to see the lights on the weekend? It's rediculous with the traffic and all. My vote would be for during the week if you don't want to deal with gobs of vehicles.-Frank
Isn't the idea of the whole thing to drive through and enjoy the view anyway? Yeah we'll be in MINI's, but I doubt we're gonna be racin' through, lol.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

LiLReD1 wrote:
BLUGOOSE wrote:I would have to agree with Davester and say that during the week might be best. Has anyone tried to see the lights on the weekend? It's rediculous with the traffic and all. My vote would be for during the week if you don't want to deal with gobs of vehicles.-Frank
Isn't the idea of the whole thing to drive through and enjoy the view anyway? Yeah we'll be in MINI's, but I doubt we're gonna be racin' through, lol.
Yes, the idea is to drive through and enjoy the view in the park. On weekends it isn't uncommon to wait for over an hour to get into the park. We've seen a little of that on the weeknights when the club has gone in the past. By the time we exit the park, traffic is backed up.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

Guess that's why I haven't been in years. Well regardless, at least we'll be with our MINI buddies IMO.
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

the sooner a date can be figured the more likely i can go. I really would like to attend this event.
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

ksminiman wrote:the sooner a date can be figured the more likely i can go. I really would like to attend this event.
Working on it...hope to have everything in place by this evening but must work first. :)
johnstonwade

Post by johnstonwade »

Weekends are preferable. It's kind of a pain to try and get across town right after work, and I'm usually beat after 9 hours of slaving away for the man. But we're flexible, so if it has to be a week night, we'll try and make it. :)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Thanks, y'all for the input. It's sure appreciate. I've locked this thread and posted the dates for both a weeknight and weekend holiday lights drive.