Well its not a MINI...

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Well its not a MINI...

Post by kenshin138 »

But its small at least!

We traded our 08 Nissan Xterra in for a 09 Honda Fit. Since my wife doesn't have her horse anymore (time/money/etc. ran out) we didn't have a need for a 4x4. Picked up a 09 Fit Sport with Navigation.

This is what it looks like (not my pictures, ones I found online of the same color, ours is tinted though):

Ryan
'12 MB/MB MCSa
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Well its not a MINI...

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Oooo cool. I hear they're fun cars. :D
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

Counterfit_Mini wrote:Oooo cool. I hear they're fun cars. :D
It's just a rumor, lol... jk I really wouldn't know.
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

Personal Opinion....

Keep the Xterra, but thats just me.

I just added a Jeep XJ (Cherokee, old boxy one) to my fleet, thus the pref towards the Xterra.
monza

Post by monza »

kabootist wrote:
I just added a Jeep XJ (Cherokee, old boxy one) to my fleet, thus the pref towards the Xterra.
I dig the XJ, especially if it was a 2-door & manual, but not an Xterra (ick)...if it was Xterra vs. Fit, the Fit wins hands down.

I drove a freind's Fit one night when he had a few too many to drive himself. I was surprised at how well put together the whole thing is. Peppy, nice handling, and that transmission/clutch is heaven compared to the heavy-notchy Midlands 6-speed in my 03 MINI.
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kenshin138 »

I've always been a fan of Honda's manual transmissions. Very very smooth shifting. I had a 03 SI for a little bit and test drove a 08 SI. The 08 especially was the easiest clutch I've ever driven. Our Fit is an auto though since my wife can't/won't drive stick and I am lazy at this point.

Then again, I learned to drive stick on my 98 SE-R that had a short shifter already and put a new clutch and Fidanza 8lb flywheel on it after about 5000 miles. Compared to that most anything would seem smooth (98 still used a cable vs hydro vs drive-by-wire). :P
Ryan
'12 MB/MB MCSa
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

monza wrote:
kabootist wrote:
I dig the XJ, especially if it was a 2-door & manual, but not an Xterra (ick)...if it was Xterra vs. Fit, the Fit wins hands down.

I drove a freind's Fit one night when he had a few too many to drive himself. I was surprised at how well put together the whole thing is. Peppy, nice handling, and that transmission/clutch is heaven compared to the heavy-notchy Midlands 6-speed in my 03 MINI.
Hang on... Midlands 6-speed? pretty sure it is a getrag tranny in the MCS. All years. please correct me if I am wrong. only the cooper had a 5-speed midlands. the MCS never had a midlands to my knowledge. No harm, just being picky :)

Nice Fit :)
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.
monza

Post by monza »

ksminiman wrote:
pretty sure it is a getrag tranny in the MCS.
I stand corrected. in the reaches of my memory, I had in there that the 02-03 had a Midland box in the S also... Either way, the gear box action is probably the least thought out... I expect more from BMW since the trannys in their other cars are plain awesome...I know FWD vs. RWD, but they could have done better, maybe taken a lesson from Honda...
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Really? The shifter in my '03 is slicker'n.......well you know! :mrgreen:

Maybe you need to lube or replace your cables?
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

I've never been impressed with mine either. To much play in the shifter while in gear.
monza

Post by monza »

Its always been the same. Its fine, just no where near as nice as it could (should) be...