Feeler for interest

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
LiLReD1

Feeler for interest

Post by LiLReD1 »

Is anyone interested in doing a MINI section at World of Wheels this year? It is Feb 12-14, and I'm not sure what the prices are yet. I figure we could get a section any put some classics and/or some daily drivers in there. What say all?
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Feeler for interest

Post by Minidave »

Cost to exhibit is $50 for the first car, $25 for each subsequent car.

Entry deadline is 20 days before the show.....

I think it would be cool to have a MINI Cooper Section, especially for some of our more show ready cars like LilRed's and any of the classics......
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

Mine's not exactly "show ready", but I'd definitely put it in, but not to compete. It's been in the back of my mind, just never got around to posting this. It may be to late to organize something like this now.
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

Might be interested, the daily driver turned garage queen, might want to show how well these cars hold up to 90,000 miles of daily grinding and overall spirited driving. It wont be the cleanest but it will be proud of those rock chips...if not i might to check it out.
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

Oh I didn't care to display a bunch of show cars... rather well driven cars with even the battle scars to show how much people love motoring in their MINI.
monza

Post by monza »

The cars have to be pretty clean as they always overbook the show and turn away the less than clean cars...thats not to say that the cars are perfect, because I have seen some iffy looking stuff there before.

I dont think its too late to setup something. They always have groupings of clubs. Someone just needs to contact the local organizer.

I'd be willing to bring along the '62 8)
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

Well there's always time to set things up and detail... I've rolled cars in that are covered with finish wax after a fresh paint job. Especially if this snow is still on the ground, unless yer trailering a car in, everything is going to be dirty coming in.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

I did World of Wheels once and I wouldn't do it again...
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
monza

Post by monza »

Counterfit_Mini wrote:I did World of Wheels once and I wouldn't do it again...
care to elaborate?
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Counterfit_Mini wrote:I did World of Wheels once and I wouldn't do it again...
I was SO hoping you would chime in on this thread, Steph! Got some Scion club experience to share?

A former Miniac and also fellow Scion owner exhibited there one year and shared the same sentiment. I found that interesting because they showed their cars often and I had never heard them say a single bad word about a show prior to WoW.

Chatting about car shows makes me miss Debbie and Richard...and warm, outdoor shows with awesome trophies. :lol:
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

KC Region of SCCA shows every year. I was in once and other than having to be short a car to drive it wasn't too bad. Leaving however was a mess.
As I recall it just started to snow as we were leaving. Also had to wait for awards to be presented. Think it was around 8p.m. before we left on Sunday evening.
Not for me.
Mr. F56
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

You won't have your car from Thursday night till Sunday morning, no moving it, have to have less than a 1/4 tank of gas, disconnect the battery once you get in...it's a pain, especially if you don't have a back up car to drive for four days. Oh and people don't know how not to touch things...Oh and it gets kinda confusing when you have someone that doesn't know how to coordinate anything trying to set everything up...(not saying it'd happen here but that was one of the problems with the Scion group)
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

Welcome to the world of showing cars! :) I've had several cars and arranged C.C.'s in WoW, and I'm not saying I'd be perfect to coordinate it, but it won't be chaos either. If we WERE to do this (probably not this year, not enough time to coordinate.), but the section WOULD be roped off, and the area would always be overlooked by one of the owners of the vehicles entered.

Maybe something like this can be entered for a future show this year. (I won't be here next year.) Maybe we can convince to do a Baron to have a MINI owners section at the Auto Show, ha ha!