Go Kart event Feb 20th, 12 Noon

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
getsalot

Re: Go Kart event Feb 20th, 11am?

Post by getsalot »

Thank's for the heads-up on the chilly indoor's!! I get cold easilyyyy...i'll dress accordingly.
toeknee

Post by toeknee »

Another heads up is that because of the speeds they make you wear a helmet. They do provide helmets but if any of you are like me, the concept of putting something on my head that lots of other people have worn kind of grosses me out (yes, I know they clean but it's still weird). They do allow you to wear your own helmet if you would like as long as it is at least DOT certified. I know a lot of us have helmets from our adventures at Heartland Park, or, in Kabotist' and my case, from motorcycle riding. Just thought you all might want to know that this option exists.
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

Yes, it can be chilly in there. I just called and they confirmed that the two courses are combined for Saturday. So far, there are two groups of 5 prepaid who will overlap with us while we are there so it should be fun and we won't be waiting much for track time. I wear light weight gloves because my fingers get cold easily.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at noon tomorrow!
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
monza

Post by monza »

it dos get a bit cool in there, but if you are serious about tearing up the track, you will not be cold, it can be a real work out :D

I second the helmet comment. If you have one, take one, but it has to be a full face or ratchet jaw, 3/4 and 1/2 helmets dont count. They do have hair nets available, but still...You also have to wear neck guard, which they have.
getsalot

Re: Go Kart event Feb 20th, 12 Noon

Post by getsalot »

omgawdddd...what am I getting into... helmet's, neck brace's and cooties!!!!....lmao. We are also going to a model train show in Lawrence. Wondering if we will be physically able to wander the show after torture and stuffing ourselve's....lol. Sound's like tomrw is going to be interesting.
toeknee

Post by toeknee »

getsalot wrote:omgawdddd...what am I getting into... helmet's, neck brace's and cooties!!!!....lmao. We are also going to a model train show in Lawrence. Wondering if we will be physically able to wander the show after torture and stuffing ourselve's....lol. Sound's like tomrw is going to be interesting.
I think you will be fine and fully able to wander the show. The helmets and neck braces are them just covering their butts in case something happens. It will be fun, not torture. As for the eating too much, that is a different issue and my guess is the walking will help balance it out.

Cooties, however, are real. :D
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

raid n lysol to the rescue...lol... or just plain ole awnryness on my part....lol.
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

Sorry, I have to back out. Been battling an illness all week, and it isn't letting up this morning.

Hope to see you all at the March meet-up.
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

Lottsa thank's for getting this meet together... here are a few pic's from the gokart and lunch.....
Attachments
Lunch at Chapala's.
Lunch at Chapala's.
kcme gokart 3.jpg (254.84 KiB) Viewed 4416 times
YEE HAWWWW
YEE HAWWWW
kcme gokart 1.jpg (140.78 KiB) Viewed 4416 times
Ready, SET, GOOOOO
Ready, SET, GOOOOO
kcme gokart 2.jpg (151.47 KiB) Viewed 4416 times
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Thanks! That was more fun than I've had in a long time!

The open track is a whole lot more fun than the short tracks, and these cars seemed to run really well today......fun on a bun! :mrgreen:

EDit: OK, who doesn't have sore shoulders this morning who drove go karts yesterday? :?
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

Dave it sounds like you are out of shape and need to go to the track more often for some practice so you can keep up with the younger guys :D just kidding. I cant say that my shoulders were hurting after that run however they usually do.

We need to have more go-kart events. It is so much fun to get a bunch of car people out on a track like that. I am glad so many people showed. Thank you to all who came.
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.
toeknee

Post by toeknee »

Minidave wrote: OK, who doesn't have sore shoulders this morning who drove go karts yesterday? :?
I think I probably have the sorest shoulder after my incident. :)
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

toeknee how is your shoulder doing? that looked like you would feel it for a while.
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.
toeknee

Post by toeknee »

I am doing a lot better today. The rest of Saturday, Sunday and Monday were really rough though. I still cannot push or pull anything without pain but I do think I will survive.
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

I bruise if u hug me too tight...lol... I can't even imagine how that duzzzey hurt. Hope it's just superficial and all is ready to get slammed soon :bangbang: