MINI Takes the States 2010

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
sundance
MINIAC
MINIAC

MINI Takes the States 2010

Post by sundance »

http://www.motoringfile.com/2010/02/26/ ... -for-2010/

Can't confirm yet but it looks like KC might be a stop along the way to Denver for this EPIC event. Mark your calendars now for Aug 13-15, 2010.
2006 John Cooper Works GP - Stock
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: MINI Takes the States 2010

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

:shock: I will definitely keep this in mind. Gotta talk to David though to see if we can go. :D
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

SAWEEEET!!
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

So happy to see this. :D

At the top of my list of really, really, really fun MINI times would be the adventures/misadventures I had at the last two MTTS. Y'all will have no excuse to miss the fun this time. :lol:
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
S-car-go
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by S-car-go »

A major MINI event in KC? That is awesome!!!!!! I look forward to hearing more about this.
2012 Reef Blue Clubman "S" Hampton, auto, cold weather, driving lights.
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

S-car-go wrote:A major MINI event in KC? That is awesome!!!!!! I look forward to hearing more about this.
I think you'll be able to wave as the MINI's whiz by on I-70.
Mr. F56
S-car-go
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by S-car-go »

ok, now I am not as excited, I must have missed something there.
2012 Reef Blue Clubman "S" Hampton, auto, cold weather, driving lights.
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

Sooo many mini site's to keep up with info...Hadn't heard of the motoringfile site. We went to the MITM Denver one last year. This April/May we are going to the MOTDragon in N.C. and in Oct. the MerryMinisOTM in Paris, AR for our mega mile type trip's. Hopefully, MTTS will stop here in KC or farely close to here, would like to attend.
minicoopers43
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by minicoopers43 »

Hmmm..I'll be in estes park Aug 2-7 maybe i can stop in Denver on the way back to KC.
LaDonna was a 2003 MCS EB. Sold with over 223k miles!!! Best car I ever had!!!
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

DA MINI wrote:
S-car-go wrote:A major MINI event in KC? That is awesome!!!!!! I look forward to hearing more about this.
I think you'll be able to wave as the MINI's whiz by on I-70.
LoL!! My thoughts exactly. That the kind of luck we get!
gasmini03
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by gasmini03 »

The dates for this have changed. They are Aug. 13-15 the same weekend as MITM. I also got this information from http://www.mc2magazine.com .
"New York, Chicago and Atlanta rallies will most likely converge at Kansas City and convoy enmasse to Grand Junction, Colorado, where they will meet up with the West Coast contingent for the big drive to MTTS HQ in Denver."

Why would anyone from the right side of the country drive thru Denver to the the West side of Co. to turn around and drive back to Denver? Maybe they were looking at the map backward. :indi:
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

I will be skipping MITM and heading straight to MTTS in Denver. Post up if you will be there, so we can get together. We will have both the classic and the R56 up there. :twisted:
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

gasmini03 wrote:The dates for this have changed. They are Aug. 13-15 the same weekend as MITM. I also got this information from http://www.mc2magazine.com .
"New York, Chicago and Atlanta rallies will most likely converge at Kansas City and convoy enmasse to Grand Junction, Colorado, where they will meet up with the West Coast contingent for the big drive to MTTS HQ in Denver."

Why would anyone from the right side of the country drive thru Denver to the the West side of Co. to turn around and drive back to Denver? Maybe they were looking at the map backward. :indi:
I don't know why you would drive west to Grand Junction then turn around and drive back thru the mtns to Denver again either, maybe it's a mis-print? Or maybe they just want the meet up to happen there so the whole group can caravan in to Denver en masse?

But, I would be in for taking the drive to Denver from KC with the group, I think that could be a hoot! And my sister lives in Denver, so I always have a place to stay if I need it.

What happens after they get to Denver?
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
gasmini03
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by gasmini03 »

Minidave wrote:
What happens after they get to Denver?
I don't think anyone knows or there not letting the cat out of the bag yet.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

I just know that there are two days of events. They are tying in MTTS with MITMS this year. I am skipping The Mountains and just heading to Denver for whatever may happen :D
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

My understanding is that they merged the two events at Winter Park, an hour north of Denver, and that they have all sorts of interesting drives and such planned.

I would love to be able to converge this with a run at HPR!
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Punk_Mini

Post by Punk_Mini »

ABF Performance will be attending. I am doing some super secret stuff to my car so it will be a treat :twisted:
WHUTFUN
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by WHUTFUN »

WHUTFUN over here in Wamego KS. We are thinking of driving Chicago to join the group there and take the whole route. The may possibly follow the old Route 66 as far as KC? Anyone else interested it making that trip for MTTS? This will be our first and hope to make it.

New Mini S Convertible 2009 and LOVING IT!
Jane and Steve - 2013 S Convertible. Reef Blue-black top with white/ivory interior. Quick Silver exhaust with JCW Tune Kit for more SPUNK. Lots of chrome and goodies. This is Jane's second dream car and dressed to show it.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

I'm not gong to be able to go unless my work situation changes around. :( They changed my schedule and I won't have the time to take off work. But it's either change my hours and not go to any Mini events or not have a job at all. :cry:
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
sundance
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sundance »

More info is coming soon. BTW - info is trickling out slowly because of all the detail changes etc.

Since the Countryman (R60) will be making an appearance at MTTS, scheduling of the event was pushed back one week to make sure some of the pre-production models would make it here to the states. This car will not be available in the US until Spring 2011 so this is a pretty big deal.

MTTS and MitM will be a, somewhat, combined event. MINI USA met with MitM organizers to make sure they could make this work and it makes total sense. MitM usually begins on a Thursday and runs through Sunday morning. MTTS activities in Denver will be on Friday night and Saturday/Saturday night. If one wants to take part in both, there will be ample opportunity.

Naturally, one would assume that Kansas City will be a stopping point for routes from Chicago and/or New York en route to Denver. The route details should be announced soon. Sadly, I will miss the midwest route as I am flying to San Francisco and driving to Denver from the west coast to cover the event for whiteroofradio.com.

I urge everyone to stay connected on Facebook and if you have an iPhone get the MINI Link app (free). Also, get yourself a Twitter account as up to the minute info will be available *during* the event via Twitter - more on that later.

I know everyone wants more details now so they can make hotel arrangements etc. but be patient. More info is just around the corner so hang tight.
2006 John Cooper Works GP - Stock
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

I just need to know the hotel in Denver :)
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Counterfit_Mini wrote:I'm not gong to be able to go unless my work situation changes around. :( They changed my schedule and I won't have the time to take off work. But it's either change my hours and not go to any Mini events or not have a job at all. :cry:

Got things switched around at work so I'll be able to make MTTS. :D Yayyyy
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
WHUTFUN
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by WHUTFUN »

New Mini owners and excited about MTTS but not very clear on the timetable/schedule? If the starting points are at least two days drive from Denver .. I.E. starting in Chicago ... and the suspected schedule of events is:

"MTTS activities in Denver will be on Friday night and Saturday/Saturday night. If one wants to take part in both, there will be ample opportunity.

Naturally, one would assume that Kansas City will be a stopping point for routes from Chicago and/or New York en route to Denver. The route details should be announced soon. "

If the Chicago start is not until Friday the event will practically be over by the time we get to Denver? What am I missing in my ignorance of the event?
Jane and Steve - 2013 S Convertible. Reef Blue-black top with white/ivory interior. Quick Silver exhaust with JCW Tune Kit for more SPUNK. Lots of chrome and goodies. This is Jane's second dream car and dressed to show it.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

I think the groups that leave the start points leave a couple days before the big party in Denver so they can get there at the start...
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

It would be logical for the Chicago and St. Louis groups to overnight in KC, then it's just an 8 hr drive to Denver, and another hour or so to Winter Park.....

This could be a ton o fun! I'd love to be part of a caravan of a couple hundred MINIs as they wind their way to Denver... 8)
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"