I'm baaack...

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
GoDogGo

I'm baaack...

Post by GoDogGo »

Hi All,

Some of the old timers here may remember me. After a 2 years of hard time in boring cars, I've gotten my release!

I've just got the production number for my next MINI. It should be built next week.

It's funny because my last MINI was a Cosmo Black and I said I'd never own a black car again. But I couldn't help myself and ordered Black again. It looks so good (when it's clean :D)

Anyway, It'll be good to catch up with everyone again.

-Randy
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: I'm baaack...

Post by Minidave »

Welcome back into the fold!

When will your new car be here?
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
S-car-go
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by S-car-go »

Just don't stripe it lime green or I'll have to redo my graphics :D Welcome back!
2012 Reef Blue Clubman "S" Hampton, auto, cold weather, driving lights.
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

It will be good to see you again --- :D
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
boxer
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by boxer »

:thumbsup2: :cheers: :wave:
2003 Dark Silver Metallic MINI Cooper S.
GoDogGo

Post by GoDogGo »

OK, so my car is now on the boat and it's due to arrive in Baltimore on the 28th.

For those of you who ordered a car in the past, do you remember how long it takes to get to Baron once it lands in the States?

I'm trying my best to be patient but I'm really wanting to get out of the Highlander and into my MINI. If I start daydreaming, I'm tempted to heel & toe downshift as I approach turns. But it's an automatic so it doesn't turn out well. :)

-Randy
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

It depends on so many things, whether it's the first car off the boat or the last. Whether there's any damage that has to be fixed or accessories added (like stripes and such). I know they give priority to sold cars like yours, but it depends on where you are in the que of sold cars, since most of the MINIs are already sold that makes the line longer.

However, my clubby came thru in about a week, from the time it hit the port to the time I was driving it. I was suprised it was that quick since it takes a couple days to get it on a truck and driven here too, then Baron has to run it thru the shop and give it a final clean up. So one to two weeks is about it....

Hang on, it's coming! :)
Last edited by Minidave on Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

GoDogGo wrote:Hi All,

Some of the old timers here may remember me. After a 2 years of hard time in boring cars, I've gotten my release!

I've just got the production number for my next MINI. It should be built next week.

It's funny because my last MINI was a Cosmo Black and I said I'd never own a black car again. But I couldn't help myself and ordered Black again. It looks so good (when it's clean :D)

Anyway, It'll be good to catch up with everyone again.

-Randy
So how about some details? What did you order?
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
GoDogGo

Post by GoDogGo »

I had an 03 Cooper but had to trade it in a couple of years ago. It was Cosmo Black with a checkerboard roof and it looked terrific when it was clean. But I thought it showed dirt too much. When I traded in, I said I'd never get another black car.

Well, I looked at all the colors and decided on Black again. Never say never I guess. It's got a white roof but I'll probably have Todd checkerboard it for me.

The new one is an S coupe with the sport package, HK stereo and heated seats. I originally wanted to get the comfort access and the sport suspension but I had to drop them to get the price down. Instead of the sport suspension, I think I'll look at a rear sway bar.

I did consider getting a Cooper instead of an S so I wouldn't have to drop any of the options I wanted. But after driving both, I thought I would rather have the engine over the options.

I can't wait to get back into the club and start attending some of the activities again. I've always thought the best thing about my last Cooper was all the people I've met (in the club and otherwise).