Dual Action Polisher

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
Clubby Clutch

Dual Action Polisher

Post by Clubby Clutch »

]I've been looking to finally correct my paint on my car. I did a major detailing by hand in February but it just didn't cut it (no pun intended). Having looked around I am going to purchase a Dual Action polisher (DA). Does anyone have any recommendations for one? I know Griots makes one for $130 and Meguiars for around $180. Porter Cable has one for $125. Anyone had experience with these? From what I understand, they are relatively easy to use and great for enthusiasts.
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Dual Action Polisher

Post by ksminiman »

Clubby Clutch, The Porter Cable and Griots Garage unit should be the same. Griots hand picked the Porter Cable unit because it is about the best in the industry. I have used it on Ferraris, yes Ferraris when autosport gallery was still open. I believe the Meguiars unit is also the same as Griots. All are the Porter Cable unit. If you can find it cheaper than Griots I would go with it. It will give you the best results and is guarranteed not to burn your pain. You can put as much pressure as you want on it and it will not burn it. Hands down, go Porter Cable.

Tom
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I agree that Ported Cable is good stuff, I don't know that I believe what Tom says about not burning the paint tho.... :D
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

I have a Porter Cable for Cousteau, and love it. I bought mine after a few detailing sessions with Octane Guy at MINIs In The Mountains. The PC is the brand he recommended and since he details for a living on some very high end cars, it seemed like good advise. :wink:
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

I have a PC as well. The important thing is to use the appropriate foam pads with it. Different pads are used for applying polishes and cleaners. There is a different color pad for removal of said cleaners. Go on line( Dealers Paradise) to see which pad you may need. I bought my PC (model 7424) at Strassers Hardware on sale for about $109 a couple of years ago. :ps:
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"