Memorial Day Weekend

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
LMH

Memorial Day Weekend

Post by LMH »

What are y'all's plans for the weekend? Gonna work on your cars? Or just lay low and grill? =)
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Memorial Day Weekend

Post by Minidave »

I'm gonna get the Jag put back together this weekend.....

Pirates of the Carribean 5, too!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Mach5

Post by Mach5 »

Leaving for Vegas tomorrow. If I get a chance I'll watch Indy and F1 on Sunday.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I've got both loaded on the DVR.....
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
minicoopers43
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by minicoopers43 »

I'm changing plugs and wires tomorrow! I finally got one of those special one piece extra long spark plug sockets and I picked up a torque wrench too.
Other than that no plans, we're actually dog sitting so we have 3 extra mini poopers to keep us busy!
LaDonna was a 2003 MCS EB. Sold with over 223k miles!!! Best car I ever had!!!
LMH

Post by LMH »

Mach5 wrote:Leaving for Vegas tomorrow. If I get a chance I'll watch Indy and F1 on Sunday.
That's what my husband ended up doing =) Not leaving for Vegas, but watching the Nascar race on Sunday. He wanted to watch the Indy one too, but missed it. I was kinda thankful lol

I believe there is a Nascar race this weekend in KC actually. Do you go to them?
Mach5

Post by Mach5 »

I caught the very end of F1 and missed Indy altogether. I don't generally watch NASCAR; I lost interest in stock-car racing in the 70s or early 80s. I also don't pay much attention to drag racing anymore.
LMH

Post by LMH »

Mach5 wrote:I caught the very end of F1 and missed Indy altogether. I don't generally watch NASCAR; I lost interest in stock-car racing in the 70s or early 80s. I also don't pay much attention to drag racing anymore.
Yeah, we used to go every year to the Nascar races, but decided not to this year for many reasons. We are still tempted to check out Lakeside Speedway tho =)

http://www.lakesidespeedway.net/
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I think we should do a MINI Club night at Lakeside! Want to oganize that?

I'd be there for sure!

I saw all three, tho I recorded the F1 race, and therefore missed the last 6 laps since the race was red flagged and the recorder didn't know that and shut off after the usual 2 hours!

I only watched about the last third of both Indy and the Coke 600. My wife says NASCAR is like basketball, only the last few minutes are worth watching - and that's when all the action happens!
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
LMH

Post by LMH »

Minidave wrote:I think we should do a MINI Club night at Lakeside! Want to oganize that?

I'd be there for sure!

I saw all three, tho I recorded the F1 race, and therefore missed the last 6 laps since the race was red flagged and the recorder didn't know that and shut off after the usual 2 hours!

I only watched about the last third of both Indy and the Coke 600. My wife says NASCAR is like basketball, only the last few minutes are worth watching - and that's when all the action happens!
Sure! =) I can try to organize something! Will get some details by this weekend an start a separate post to see what date(s) work best for people!