Long-time pulley owners?

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
kindofblue

Long-time pulley owners?

Post by kindofblue »

Hey guys-

So I've had my MINI for about a year now and am enjoying it, but given the amount of time I've been spending on cars.com and autotrader I think I need to freshen up my MINI relationship a bit with a pulley.

Just wondered if some MINI owners who've done the swap could chime in about how their experience has been since...most threads on the topic here are at least a year old.

I saw another handsome BRG MINI driving down my street a month ago, but he must have had a lot done because from a block away I could hear his exhaust and S/C whine--that seems like a bit much for me and would be tiring on the freeway. I guess I'm an old fuddy-duddy.

Thanks!
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Long-time pulley owners?

Post by Minidave »

If you don't go crazy with the overdrive, you should be OK noise wise - the other thing that makes them a lot louder are certain designs cold air intakes.

If you use a 15% pulley with a stock air cleaner, I doubt it will bother you and you'll get a nice boost in performance.

Like you, I don't want to listen to something screaming or droning-on, especially on a long trip
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
boxer
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by boxer »

i updated the stock pulley to a 15% redux around 20K miles. It has about 46K now and no problems so far. I also have the K&N CAI with the baffle next to the cowl removed. It is louder than stock but only under extreme gear changes. Normal city and highway driving you would not know of the updates.
2003 Dark Silver Metallic MINI Cooper S.
Walnuts

Post by Walnuts »

M7 intake and m7 16% overdrive pulley. I love the sound but I think I want a bit more whine might change to a Alta intake. I can give you a ride if you want to feel/hear my combo
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

kindofblue, where are you located? Lawrence perhaps?
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.