MINIs/Minis in the Movies

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

MINIs/Minis in the Movies

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

I've seen a couple of movies recently with MINIs and a Mini in them. First, the new Muppets movie. Several MINIs in the movie, plus some children's artwork depicting a Mini. Tonight I saw Young Adult with Charlize Theron. She was driving a MINI, looks pretty much like what she drove in The Italian Job. (An aside, was/is a cassette deck an option in MINIs? There was one in the movie car.)

Anyone else got any recent MINI/Mini movie spottings?
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: MINIs/Minis in the Movies

Post by Minidave »

There's a whole database of them on IMDB, just for info's sake.....

Go here to see the Minis page..... http://imcdb.org/vehicles.php?make=Mini&model=

33 pages worth! :mrgreen:
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Thanks for the link. Interesting stuff there. Always interesting to hear from others in our community, too though.

And that poor MINI in Young Adult. Sheesh. It needed a bath...and finally a good body shop. Ouch.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Fergie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Fergie »

Merry Christmas to our fellow MINI lovers! Went to see Young Adult - poor MINI - not well taken care of but not surprising as Charlize's character was a mess.
For a much light hearted movie, my favorite is The Holiday with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet with Cameron driving a Red and White MCS in England.
Just paid $200 for a new tire this week as I had a puncture on my run flat with only 4000 miles, 6 months old. Merry Christmas gift for my MINI :-)
"Fergie" 2011 MINI Cooper S - Ice Blue/White
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Another to add to the list, What to Expect When You're Expecting. One of the moms-to-be drives a PW MINI and the baby shower invitation is all sorts of fuchsia MINI cuteness. :D