General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
Spooner

Post by Spooner »

Wife and I just bought a Mini S and pulling out of my neighborhood last night in North KC I saw another MCS right in front of me. Saw his sticker for this forum so I thought I would check it out. Don't remember what color cooper it was, but it had a roof rack and a bunch of other stickers on it. Thanks for honking as I motored by! :mrgreen:
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: New Member

Post by davester »

I'm sure that would have been "Counterfit MINI"--- (Steph)
Welcome to our mad little group :D
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
Spooner

Post by Spooner »

Whoops, thought it was a guy and I think a kid but it was dark.
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

Spooner wrote:Whoops, thought it was a guy and I think a kid but it was dark.
That was definitely Steph. You were behind her car Artemis
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Yep that was me. I honked. :) I need to wash my MINI, he's dirty :( Glad my sticker got someone on here. :) BTW, no kid, that was my husband in the car with me. :) But it was dark and I've got tint. :indi: Nice dark silver MINI. I've got a yellow classic Mini that you might see running around the neighborhood too.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
xringdriven

Post by xringdriven »

Greetings everyone - we are not quite ready to say we 'own', but are VERY interested in buying our first Mini! Looking at a 2003 Mini Cooper S that has about 75,000mi on her as of today. Pano roof, cruise, 6-speed, sans H/K audio, cloth...nice ride and right color for my wife!!!

So, question is, can you help me understand market value for this car - KBB and NADA and dealer all have different numbers; anyone comfortable giving me an acceptable range?

Items of note - brand new windshield, tires are like new, but cheap Bridgestone GO 19's... wife likes the car.

I am super stoked to see garage day-type opportunities and am ready to make the plunge, just want to know I am spending proper money to buy THIS one.

Can anyone help...quickly?

Xringdriven
Most call me Monte
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Yes, take it to Baron and have a pre-purchase inspection done, that will let you know what needs to be done and how much to budget for it, then you can make an informed descision about buying the car and what to pay.

Without it you're shooting blind.

I might also mention that the Blue book, Yellow Book and Black book et al don't buy and sell cars and as such only report what average transaction prices are in their respective venues, that can change rapidly and from area to area - IOW it's just a guide, the value should be based on what you think you can spend vs what the seller will accept, to get a feel for the value you need to know what the condition is, and not just that it's a good color with the right options.

Good luck!

and we hope to see you at one of our gatherings in your new (to you) MINI!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

xringdriven wrote:Greetings everyone - we are not quite ready to say we 'own', but are VERY interested in buying our first Mini! Looking at a 2003 Mini Cooper S that has about 75,000mi on her as of today. Pano roof, cruise, 6-speed, sans H/K audio, cloth...nice ride and right color for my wife!!!

So, question is, can you help me understand market value for this car - KBB and NADA and dealer all have different numbers; anyone comfortable giving me an acceptable range?

Items of note - brand new windshield, tires are like new, but cheap Bridgestone GO 19's... wife likes the car.

I am super stoked to see garage day-type opportunities and am ready to make the plunge, just want to know I am spending proper money to buy THIS one.
A lot of unknowns. Could be a $9k to $12k car, depending on options, condition, and needs.
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
xringdriven

Post by xringdriven »

Only suggestion from an ASE Certified Master Mechanic is a coolant flush in the next year! Seems to be a clean example, but he does not look at Mini Coopers everyday!

I may do some minor enhancements soon, plugs, wires and maybe an MSD coil.. May also consider a smaller pulley in the near future, but that will be secondary to learning much more and making sure I have a healthy starting point for minor mods.