My New Mini Issue.

How-To and Pics of Mods to your MINI/Mini
KowboyCoop

My New Mini Issue.

Post by KowboyCoop »

Ok I have a 2012 Mini Cooper Clubman! question, I have noticed, that when I go to accelerate, there is a very annoying pause in acceleration, almost to a point, there is sudden surge after this very annoying pause in acceleration. Is this part of how the car is geared in the transmission?. Or is it the engine? In the same house hold, we have a 2011 Mini Cooper Convertable, and seems to do the same thing, but not as bad, or as noticeable. So the big question? is this normal? Or should I let Barron take a look at it. Thanks for the help.
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: My New Mini Issue.

Post by Zack »

KowboyCoop wrote:Ok I have a 2012 Mini Cooper Clubman! question, I have noticed, that when I go to accelerate, there is a very annoying pause in acceleration, almost to a point, there is sudden surge after this very annoying pause in acceleration. Is this part of how the car is geared in the transmission?. Or is it the engine? In the same house hold, we have a 2011 Mini Cooper Convertable, and seems to do the same thing, but not as bad, or as noticeable. So the big question? is this normal? Or should I let Barron take a look at it. Thanks for the help.
Do the tires chirp when you hit the accelerator? Mine when I do that a little light flashes basically telling me the car didn't like that and flashed the DSC and cut the throttle. Not sure if they changed that in later models but that could be the problem.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Try the sport button and see if you like it any better.......
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Do you have an automatic or a manual? I noticed the same thing out of the cooper clubman I had as a loaner that I drove for three days. It's pretty annoying, especially when you're trying to pull out in traffic.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
KowboyCoop

Post by KowboyCoop »

Thanks for the suggestions. I did use the sport button,and that seemed to help, wonder if that will effect my gas mileage? My fear is forgetting to turn it back to normal mode. But again thanks for all your help.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

It always resets to Normal mode whenever you shut it off, although there's an "app" to fix that! :lol:
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

The Countryman forum on NAM had quite a few complaints about hesitation. I had a few minor instances ( on my 2011 ) of hesitation so I had BARON do
SI M12 02 11 for a DME software error. Don't know if the same program works for all turbo engines or not. Give it a shot. I thought throttle response was much better, but I lost the ability to have trip odometer and miles to travel showing at the same time.
In any event gop to BARON and complain ( sweet talk ).
Mr. F56
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I believe Cowboy's car is a Justa.....no turbo.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

Minidave wrote:I believe Cowboy's car is a Justa.....no turbo.

In any event go complain!
Mr. F56
KowboyCoop

Post by KowboyCoop »

well I took my Clubman to Barron, they told me there was nothing wrong with it. and thats how they drive, they stated there was issues with the 2011 Countryman, so guess i will live with it, and use the sport mode, at least I got a free car wash, a coke out of there fridge, and a granola bar. :-)
boxer
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by boxer »

A granola bar?
2003 Dark Silver Metallic MINI Cooper S.