Grille badges and badge holders

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Grille badges and badge holders

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Can we talk badges and magnetic badge holders?

My friend Deb, who many of you met at the Culver's cruise-in, is interested in getting a few badges and will also need a badge holder. What do you have that you like? Where'd you get it? Favorite place to get badges?

I've got a couple of badge holders that attach to my license plate frame but bought them at AMVIV a few years ago and have no idea what company had them. And I've got a pretty small badge collection, so I'm sure some of you avid collectors would be a better source of info.

Ok, go! :D
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Grille badges and badge holders

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

I've got three badge holders on my grille and the dual holder for the back license plate. The front three are MINI OEM from Out Motoring, MiniBEE gear grille badge holder and the GoBadges holder. The best looking one is the MiniBee one. My OEM one has rusted almost to the point it won't hold badges anymore (I've had it on there for 3 years). The GoBadges one is nice but, unlike what they say, you still have to take the grille off to put it on and it wiggles around a lot. The MiniBee one hasn't given me any issues. The one on the back is from Way Motor Works and it's nice but it's starting to rust also (I've had it for almost 2 years).

As far as my grille badges, I've gotten them from all over the place. I've got Motoring Badges (Todd), Cooper Flags, American Mini Mates and a Go Badge. My favorites are the Cooper Flags because of how thick the magnet is but as far as print quality I'd have to say that Todd's are the best. My only issue with Todd's is the thin magnet but I've never had one fall off so I don't complain too much about them. LOL And just a reminder, it does take a while to get badges from Todd and (from what I've heard) Cooper Flags is taking a while too. Just give them some time, it's only one person doing all this stuff.

Here's some links for the badges and holders:

http://www.outmotoring.com/mini-cooper/ ... older.html --Out Motoring grille badge holder

http://www.gobadges.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=271 --Go Badges starter kit (you don't have to go with this but it's a nice start)

http://www.waymotorworks.com/wmw-licens ... older.html --Way Motor Works rear badge holder

http://www.motoringbadges.com/ --Motoring Badges (Todd)

http://www.cooperflags.com/magbadges.cfm --Cooper Flags grille badges

http://www.americanminimates.com/badges.html --American Mini Mates (they're out of St. Louis :) )

I can't find any way to get a Mini Bee badge holder right now. :(
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

Badge holders you can get at Mossmini, minimania, and even Baron. Badges, those places sell em or Cooper Flags which are really nice thick ones and pretty durable or the local favorite Todd's Mods who sells some great badges as well.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

I've been happy with the OutMotoring grille badge holder. I've not messed with any of the rear-plate mounted holders -- it seemed that it would be hard to clean behind them, so I've never bothered.

Badges I've gotten from all over like Steph. Mostly from Todd.
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

IowaM1N1 wrote:I've been happy with the OutMotoring grille badge holder. I've not messed with any of the rear-plate mounted holders -- it seemed that it would be hard to clean behind them, so I've never bothered.

I knew I forgot a company. OutMotoring is a fantastic company as well.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Zackattack28 wrote:
IowaM1N1 wrote:I've been happy with the OutMotoring grille badge holder. I've not messed with any of the rear-plate mounted holders -- it seemed that it would be hard to clean behind them, so I've never bothered.

I knew I forgot a company. OutMotoring is a fantastic company as well.
Good thing I mentioned them in my post.....
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

Don't worry about the thickness. I had some magnetic awards made several years ago for an SCCA event. I commented the maker about the thiness of the material. Her re[ply was that thicker material did not have any more magnetic pull than a thin one. That's what I was told and I'm sticking to it. :roll:
Mr. F56
gasmini03
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by gasmini03 »

I got my badge holder at Harbor Freight for $5.00. A little paint and a bolt that goes through the middle of it and I don't think that any badge will fall off. Its rated at 90 pounds worth of pull.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Sounds like a welding ground magnet! :lol:
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
gasmini03
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by gasmini03 »

Minidave wrote:Sounds like a welding ground magnet! :lol:
I suppose you could use it for that. The package just says 3 inch round base magnet. I went and got another one for the minipup and I was wrong from what I said before. It has 95 pounds worth of pull. :)