Hidden Menus - 2nd Gen

How-To and Pics of Mods to your MINI/Mini
Clubby Clutch

Hidden Menus - 2nd Gen

Post by Clubby Clutch »

So I went to reset my service light from the last garage day (oil and brake fluid) and I found an article on Motoring Alliance about a "Hidden Menu".

Apparently, from what I've read from other sites, menu 19 allows you to change your oil change and service interval to 5000, 10000, 15000,...etc. The coolant temperature can also be gauged from these menus when activated to be shown in the regular menu.

http://www.motoringalliance.com/forums/ ... z231Q4If3w

Any thoughts on this. I thought I could choose the mileage interval for oil and service but I guess it is only with this hidden menu activated. I know that I could keep track of it myself but it would be cool to have the car do it for me.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Hidden Menus - 2nd Gen

Post by Minidave »

So, did you try it?
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Clubby Clutch

Post by Clubby Clutch »

I read more last night after posting. So you have to add up the digits of your VIN that are provided to you in the menu and then you enter the digits in the "hidden menu" and it allows you to enter to change on and off some settings. Anybody else tried this?

I will try it but in case it doesn't work, could I just remove the negative battery terminal and reset the car to normal (the radio settings and phone pair won't be a big deal)?
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Yes, that should take you back to base config again.....I think you need to leave it off for more than 10 min tho......
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
jhurley21

Post by jhurley21 »

I was able to bring it up pretty easily and it works on the R56. There is a youtube video that shows exactly how to get to it with the R56 and im sure other 2nd gen models too. Here's the link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqgyFYdHE0o