Opportunity: NASA CR at Heartland Park

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Opportunity: NASA CR at Heartland Park

Post by IowaM1N1 »

Got this note from Joel. Anyone interested in taking the lead on something like this?

-Greg

=========================================
I work with NASA CR and we are a very flexible track club where we can offer track experiences most others cannot - such as providing roped off pit area for KC Mini Club members, providing your own run group if there's enough interest, and allow you to set up and run an autox portion or for defensive driving training (3 lane emergency, slalom, skid pad, etc.). We have options where members can sign up directly with us for the agreed up on fee (we can give a referral fee to your club) or have you charge your own members (whatever price you feel will work) and buy a block of time from us instead. All members would need to join NASA to run within our event ($45 fee but comes with emagazine subscription and discounts for members with places such as OGracing.com and all participants must sign our waiver when at the track.). You'd be free to run your sessions as you see fit - and we can provide instructors if needed for novice members if you don't have any of your own. We also provide discounts for instructing and we'll have an instructor training clinic this winter. That's a lot of info but wanted to pass it on to see if you group maybe interested.

Thanks.

Joel Karns
jjkarns@yahoo.com
=========================================
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Opportunity: NASA CR at Heartland Park

Post by Minidave »

I ran a NASA event at Watkins Glen a couple years ago and it was well run and a ton o fun. If we can use this to put together a joint event with some other clubs I think it would be a major hoot. I will follow up with Mr. Karns if that's OK with everyone....
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Go for it Dave. :mrgreen: If I can help with anything, let me know. George.
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I sent Joel an email asking him to contact me. Once I get the scoop I'll post here....
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Sspreso
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Sspreso »

I'm interested in participating in a NASA event.
-John Herrman
2012 JCW Coupe aka 'Taz'
-If you car doesn't try to kill you, it's under modded.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I've spoken to Joel and he thinks there will be two events next year at HPT, one in May and one in October. He'll get me a final schedule once it's all approved and done. I'll keep you all posted.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"