2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: JCW Paceman

Post by dimini »

I'm sorry but I think the paceman looks like a chubby, ugly little brother to the countryman. Same goes with the series one to the series 3 BMW.

Sad to see MINI becoming so MAXIe and butt ugly. Why couldn't the paceman be something really cool like in MCS all-wheel-drive? Next thing we'll be seeing minis in rental fleets. Argh!

I still absolutely love my 2006 JCW MCS, and thankfully I'm driving conservatively and it should last me another five years. Maybe by then MINI will come up with a small "retro-version" with adequate windows and sight lines,
which will lure me back to the brand With enthusiasm.
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Ditto! :( Still driving my '03. :D
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

I would like an all wheel drive MCS hybrid with an electric motor at each wheel. Powerplant would be a wankel motor running at its most efficient rpm to power a generator for electricity. :D
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

dimini wrote:I'm sorry but I think the paceman looks like a chubby, ugly little brother to the countryman. Same goes with the series one to the series 3 BMW.

Sad to see MINI becoming so MAXIe and butt ugly. Why couldn't the paceman be something really cool like in MCS all-wheel-drive? Next thing we'll be seeing minis in rental fleets. Argh!
I am eager to see the Paceman 'in person' before judging the looks. I agree, it looks a little awkward in photos.

Hoping to get a chance to go to the NAIAS in Detroit this January -- hope to see the Paceman and the new C7 Corvette!
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever