What did your MINI get for Christmas

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

What did your MINI get for Christmas

Post by davester »

I got Deuce a K & N intake filter. Now I've got to figure out how to install it. :lol:
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: What did your MINI get for Christmas

Post by Minidave »

Mine will be getting a bath today! and it sorely needs it.... :roll: :D
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
jhurley21

Post by jhurley21 »

Mine got ordered some Spec-D projector headlights. Hopefully they are nice!
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Mine gets to visit my daughter for a week. Her car is in the shop so I don't have any wheels til she gets hers back. Lucky she has a nice dad, ha ha ha. MINI will get an inside and out visit to car wash when I get it back but no new accessories. :(

Edit: I did get new radiator hoses installed to correct antifreeze leaks a couple of weeks ago. Just got the MINI back from my daughter and visited the car wash. Boy do I love that car! Even if it is Just-a-Cooper! :D
Last edited by Hagar46 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
BlueBerry03MC
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BlueBerry03MC »

I got Blueberry some new shift and e-brake boot covers from Redline Goods. Bride material and silver stitching (can post pictures when they get installed)
My sister's MINI got some replacement parts for Christmas...We were told the the drive belt tensioner and idler pulley was going bad, got it into the shop this morning to get those replace. When they got it in there turns out the crankshaft pulley and idler pulley, So the car down for a couple days waiting for parts.Hopefully by next week it will be up and motoring in the KC area :elec:
My name is Hilary
MINI Coopers in the family
BlueBerry 2003 Indi Blue MC, Black mirror caps & stripes, CVT.
Aussie 2013 Pepper White MCS, black top/mirror caps, chrome hood scoop & interior trim, leather seats, Automatic.
Sspreso
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Sspreso »

Koni yellows with NM springs, SS brake lines, strut bar, short shifter + NM cover. Taz was very good this year :D

Few other items (Downpipe, camber plates, sway bar + end links) to order Taz. Those will be for Kansas Day, Valentines Day, and St. Patricks Day respectively ;)

Once it warms up I will start putting everything on. May just get a bay from Dave for a weekend to knock everything out before AutoX starts in April.
-John Herrman
2012 JCW Coupe aka 'Taz'
-If you car doesn't try to kill you, it's under modded.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

That's the best way to do it IMHO, put the car up in the air at a comfortable height and do it all at once, then get a good alignment and go play! I've done a couple sets of those, and with the right tools and the car on a lift they're fairly easy - but I'd do the sway bar at the same time as the coils, you'll have them out anyway.

And now's a good time with the lousy weather, nothing else to do, might as well go play with our cars! :mrgreen:
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
saturn

Post by saturn »

Mine got a NEW MOTOR!!!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

WOW !!! what happened?
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
saturn

Post by saturn »

davester wrote:WOW !!! what happened?
Had been driving fine, pulled her in the driveway one Sunday, gave her a bubblebath. Monday went to start her, nothing, she's turn over but no ignition. Had her towed to Baron, they call and tell me that there's no compression on ANY cylinder. My extended warranty (that I THANKFULLY purchased when I bought her) wouldn't cover any diagnostics so I gave them authorization to go ahead. Turns out all the valves were stuck open, head gasket blown, all four cylinders out of round, 2 more severely than the others, basically the motor was toast! I know.........RIGHT!?!?!? I about died! Then to make matters worse, the warranty company sent an adjuster down to survey the damage, long story short, he reported that the motor was blown due to , and I quote "normal wear and tear" and that the warranty company wasn't going to cover my motor. I literally laughed so hard and asked if I was being "punked" or on candid camera! I made one phone call to the extended warranty company, spoke to a supervisor, and quickly had that decision reversed. I got a completely remanufactured motor. Total cost to me $100 deductable, and diagnosis charge the warranty wouldn't cover. Out the door - $675
saturn

Post by saturn »

oh, and by the way.......
the extended warranty covered 7 years or 100,000 miles...........
the motor went at 98,000!!!!!!
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Good for you and Mia-- Would you handle all of my complaints? :P

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

Mine is getting a set of Wet Okole seat covers with seat heaters and extra lumbar support. Covers are being made right now.

That cures the only thing I didn't like about my car -- vinyl seats and no seat heaters.
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

Gave Oliver one full year of safe driving with his New owner...Me

November 17, 2011 to present.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
Clubby Clutch

Post by Clubby Clutch »

My MINI is getting a much needed bath today along with a wax. Hopefully my wash is uneventful, Saturn! That would be awful.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I washed mine the other day, and since Rose's Audi was still dirty, it got to live in the garage for a few days!

But then the Audi's battery went dead yesterday, so I had to trade places again......oh well......

For all of you who only drive 3 miles to work a couple of days a week, it's not enough to keep the battery charged, especially in cold weather......something I may have to watch with my MINI too now that I'm not driving nearly as much as I used to.

Investing in a good battery charger and using it once in a while will keep the battery up and everything working correctly.

(This PSM brought to you by your electric utility) :D
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
jhurley21

Post by jhurley21 »

For Xmas mine also got some new stripes and mirror caps from Baron! Still waiting on the headlights
Attachments
MINI Stripes
MINI Stripes
mini stripes.jpeg (147.3 KiB) Viewed 6008 times
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Nice stripes!!
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

Mine is supposed to be getting some vinyl work! You know how that goes.......... :wink:
Mr. F56
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

My JCW got new Blizzaks. Bring on the snow! Finally I can now get up my steep, northern driveway that rarely melts while there's snow.

For the P'up, I bought a stainless steel header, which will require some nifty engineering for proper fit, but should be pretty nice when done. :D
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up