YELLOWSTONE PARK TRIP

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

YELLOWSTONE PARK TRIP

Post by BLUGOOSE »

Anybody interested in going to Yellowstone Park this summer? Trip set up for late June.They have about 25 cars and 44 people so far signed up .I've never been to this part of the country and thought it might be a great drive from our area.If interested go to the following link for info;

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/fo ... 013-a.html
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: YELLOWSTONE PARK TRIP

Post by IowaM1N1 »

Sounds incredible! Would love to do it!

However, have some other commitments that will prevent us from considering it.

You going?
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mcconned »

I'm not sure how much time you have but if you,ve never been to the Black Hills in South Dakota, I encourage you to return that way. I was up there this past fall and was VERY impressed. I stayed in the Spearfish vicinity abd it was an easy drive to Deadwood, Sturgis, the Crazy Horse Memorial, Mt. Rushmore, Devils Tower, etc. Some beautiful roads and scenery. It was like being in Colorado without contending with the altitude.

I plan on going back.
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

The MINI community did a run there in May of 2009, and I agree completely, it's a fantastic area! We stayed in Hill City, where there was a car wash right across the street (a necessity for MINI owners!) We did runs all over the area, including a day trip to Devil's Tower in Wyoming.....I also would like to go back to the area, maybe on the way to Jellystone.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
CowboyCoop
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by CowboyCoop »

Thinking of going, and have already requested time off, but what is throwing me off is that it is a Euro Drive, not a Mini Drive, yes I know a Mini is a Euro. So was I understanding the post correctly? A mix of Euro cars, and mini's?
2017 Island Blue Mini Countryman All 4 S "Parker Blu
WildThang

Post by WildThang »

Blugoose you should have went. Amazing country, great roads, outstanding weather! My wife and I plus our friends with a Hampton Edition Clubman went up there the same time as that other group. We saw them 4-5 times over the course of the week we were there.

Going to keep my eye out for that event again, and make the hook up with the group. We didn't find out about the group going until after we had our reservations made, time off scheduled, etc. There's discussion that it might become an event every other year.