Comfort Close?

How-To and Pics of Mods to your MINI/Mini
ryanschram

Comfort Close?

Post by ryanschram »

Anybody here have the ability to program comfort closing? Baron won't do it for me. Although, they did when I had my R53. This is for my R55. :chili:
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Comfort Close?

Post by Minidave »

What is comfort close?
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ryanschram

Post by ryanschram »

hold down the lock button on the remote and all the windows close
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

I didn't know you could do that.... I thought you just used the key to close the windows...
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

Counterfit_Mini wrote:I didn't know you could do that.... I thought you just used the key to close the windows...
I don't believe you can. I have a kit that can be installed that will allow you to do that but I don't believe that is a factory feature. You can roll windows down by unlocking but I don't believe you can roll them back up.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
boxer
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by boxer »

My '03 MCS lets me open and close windows and sunroof with key in door lock. The windows and roof will open with pressing on the silver wings on the key fob but they will not close with pressing either button. Must put key in door key and turn. :ds: I must need the feature turned on also. What does that cost?
2003 Dark Silver Metallic MINI Cooper S.
ryanschram

Post by ryanschram »

Basically I'm asking if anyone has access to or knows how to use NCS Expert like in this link viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2724.
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

boxer wrote:My '03 MCS lets me open and close windows and sunroof with key in door lock. The windows and roof will open with pressing on the silver wings on the key fob but they will not close with pressing either button. Must put key in door key and turn. :ds: I must need the feature turned on also. What does that cost?
That feature doesn't exist on the R50/53 and I don't believe it exists on the R56. I have a kit I bought that will allow you to do so. I asked Baron before about that and they said there is no auto close feature on the MINI from the keyfob. You have to close it from the lock cylinder in the door.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
ryanschram

Post by ryanschram »

Well it is possible. I had Ram re-code the car once I moved back to Wisconsin. Best $50 I've spent on the car so far :mrgreen:
Check out http://www.bmwminicoding.com, he actually does quite a bit of traveling for business and always brings his coding stuff with him when he is out of town.
REDSLED

Post by REDSLED »

It would have to be an after market flash, the dealership cant do too safety concerns. There is no anti trap function on r50/53.