A Twisty Drive and a Brewpub, Sunday, November 9th, 11:30

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

A Twisty Drive and a Brewpub, Sunday, November 9th, 11:30

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

A Miniac is visiting from Columbia and wanted to get together so let's do just that!

We'll meet at 11:30 on Sunday, November 9th in the parking lot just southeast of Rock & Run in Liberty. If you are familiar with Liberty, this is the large parking area to the east of City Hall and the Courthouse. Closest address would be Rock & Run, 110 East Kansas, Liberty, MO 64068.

Plan to depart at 11:45 for a 45 minute-one hour drive on paved roads with a few twisties outside of Liberty. Classic Mini and MINI friendly roads, no gravel.

We'll return to the parking area around 12:45-1ish and grab lunch or drinks at Rock & Run, a local brewpub making hand-crafted beers and wood-fired pizzas. https://www.facebook.com/RockAndRunBrewery

RSVP with number of cars and people please so I can have plenty of driving routes and make a reservation at Rock & Run. Weather looks great for a drive!
Last edited by ragtopday Johnna on Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed Sticky, returned post to Normal post-gathering.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: A Twisty Drive and a Brewpub, Sunday, November 9th, 11:3

We've got six folks RSVP'd on Facebook. Join us for a fun drive along some of the Northland's most scenic routes. I did two test runs of the route today and can't wait to go again!
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kenshin138 »

I can't attend, but am curious to know the route if you could shoot that over to me. Always looking for local drive options I haven't done a bunch already.
Ryan
'12 MB/MB MCSa
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

I am a game day decision. Mack is having 4 friends for a sleep over on Saturday so it all depends on how that plays out on Sunday.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
dstewart1019
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dstewart1019 »

I will be there food and beer after a drive YES
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

dstewart1019 wrote:I will be there food and beer after a drive YES
I can't comment on the beer (not a beer drinker), but I've had good food there. I like the wood-fired pizza, the hummus...last time I had deviled eggs. Fun place! :D
CathyV
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by CathyV »

Richard and I will be there - drive and food and beer - LOVE their pretzels!
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

kenshin138 wrote:I can't attend, but am curious to know the route if you could shoot that over to me. Always looking for local drive options I haven't done a bunch already.
I was thinking about posting a link to the .pdf of the route after Sunday. I will start a thread in the "Motoring Routes" area. I wish I would have done this for all of the drives I've put together in the last 9 years. Hindsight...

Just a bit about Sunday's route, it will include most of H highway out of Liberty. A nice, twisty two-lane. And then the best parts of Plattsburg Road. It was hard to narrow this route down, so many good twisties up this way. I left out a great stretch near Holt and didn't even get to the good roads Northwest of Liberty in the KCI area. Another time...
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

CathyV wrote:Richard and I will be there - drive and food and beer - LOVE their pretzels!
Yay! MiniX2 agrees with you on the pretzels. Twice we've gone with friends who like the pasta and I saw a sandwich there last week that looked really good. Great addition to Liberty!
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

We are down for a drive. One :chili: two peeps
Last edited by Laurie on Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
bmwe30guy

Post by bmwe30guy »

Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow. If anyone knows of a person looking for a r53 remember my car is for sale and will be viewable while I'm there. Need to spend some time and clean these Rotiforms!!!
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Well, it looks like I'll be able to make it after all, so 1 Mini, 1 Human.....

Edit: I think MiniManiac is coming too......
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Looking forward to seeing everyone in the morning!

If you've got a two-way radio, bring it. If you don't, no worries.

Best to make a pit stop before arriving at the starting point. At the 152/291 highway intersection, there are 3 gas stations with indoor plumbing. Hy-Vee has Caribou Coffee at their gas station for a buck.

See y'all tomorrow. Looks like a beautiful day for a drive!
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

What a fun drive today. Thanks to everyone who came out. Today reminded me of the drives we used to take many moons ago, 7 or 8 MINIs/Minis and lunch or a coffee afterwards, the route thrown together at the last minute. I had nearly forgotten how much fun this was, so thanks for the reminder.
sidemirror (640x487).jpg
sidemirror (640x487).jpg (155.89 KiB) Viewed 7896 times
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Thanks for putting this together, the route was fun and it was great getting to meet new members and hang out with friends!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

Thanks for putting this together at the last minute Johnna. It was fun!
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS