Was That You....

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

petek wrote:... and it is incredibly DIRTY! I hate this time of the year because it is simply impossible to keep a car clean.
I concur (about the dirty MINI and keeping the car clean). You might've seen me. I was sitting in the green xB parked next to the white xB in the back of the parking lot. There might've been a purple xB parked next to the white one too.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

Had a CR/W (EDBD) park in front of us at Sams in Independence, (we were in the Durnago). First MINI I have seen out in over a week!
09 Clubman S LB/B, 3 Pkgs, JCW Wheel, JCW Tuning Kit, H&R Springs, ALTA 19mm swaybar
14 Paceman S All4, Starlight Blue/White, Fully loaded, JCW Steering Wheel
David & Debra
minicoopers43
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by minicoopers43 »

Saw a black MCS on the side of the road eastbound 470 between blue ridge and raytown road, of course i was headed west so i turned around at blue ridge to see if they needed help, knocked on the window and scared the lady half to death she was on the phone with help on the way but i noticed a few things while peeking into the ladys mini it had 16k miles and she was out of gas :? so i went on my way but she did say i was very sweet for stopping :D
LaDonna was a 2003 MCS EB. Sold with over 223k miles!!! Best car I ever had!!!
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Tonight, 6:30ish, I-35 North between Pleasant Valley and Liberty, we had a multi-MINI sighting. A black MCS with double silver stripes (really sharp!!) passed us (don't give me any grief, John was driving! :lol: ) and then we both passed MINI-ZU, LY MC with checkerboard mirror caps. Three MINIs all in a row and we all got off at the same exit. Talk about turning heads in Liberty!
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by matti the mini »

Friday - 8:00 am - 150 Hwy east bound to Raytown Road, Northbound into Raytown

Silver Cooper S - zippin' through the little twisties south of Longview Lake.
A couple of waves passed back and forth.
Bentley

Gertti - MCS '13 - BRG2, JCW Tuner Package, and more!

formerly:
Matti - MCS '004- BRG, premium, sport, cold, bonnet stripes, boot stripes, rally lights, window tint, nav - british voice mod, Helix CAI and 15% reduction pully, euro parcel shelf
speed_racer

Post by speed_racer »

minicoopers43 wrote:Saw a black MCS on the side of the road eastbound 470 between blue ridge and raytown road... she was out of gas :? so i went on my way but she did say i was very sweet for stopping :D
What a nice thing you did for a fellow MINI. I wonder if that is one of the two black MINIs that lives in my corner of LS? Anyway, if I ever see you on the side of 470, I promise to stop! :lol:
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

I saw a Chili Red with a white roof and black bonnet stripes going northbound on 71 and a Dark Gray on with a black roof going northbound on 71. I waved at the Chili.
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
JohnBLZ

Post by JohnBLZ »

Saw ylwjkt today flying down I35S past 95th street...you definitely stand out :)
minicoopers43
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by minicoopers43 »

i saw a group of MINI's all driving in a row around kansas today i think i counted 8 and 2 of them were GP's :D oh wait i was one of them :P

Great time!
LaDonna was a 2003 MCS EB. Sold with over 223k miles!!! Best car I ever had!!!
matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by matti the mini »

East bound 150 hwy - by Raytown Road - Hyper Blue (?) Mini - Wednesday pm - 5:15 5:20 ish

Think it was Speed Racer, but not positive.
Bentley

Gertti - MCS '13 - BRG2, JCW Tuner Package, and more!

formerly:
Matti - MCS '004- BRG, premium, sport, cold, bonnet stripes, boot stripes, rally lights, window tint, nav - british voice mod, Helix CAI and 15% reduction pully, euro parcel shelf
ylwjkt

Post by ylwjkt »

JohnBLZ wrote:Saw ylwjkt today flying down I35S past 95th street...you definitely stand out :)
I am sure all speed limits were being obeyed that day. Oh
wait, Richard was driving. He is so used to driving the xB that
when he gets in the MINI he doesn't realize that the gas pedal
works that well. :shock:
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

I saw Petek's MINI again at Devry. At least I think it was his. It looked exactly like it. :D I saw it yesterday when I was going to work.
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
petek

Post by petek »

My MINI was at DeVry? What the heck is it doing there?

Oh, that's right... I work at DeVry University.

:)
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

petek wrote:My MINI was at DeVry? What the heck is it doing there?

Oh, that's right... I work at DeVry University.

:)
Oh. LOL. That explains it. I didn't know you worked there.
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
ylwjkt

Post by ylwjkt »

DS MCS ( I think it was DS - hard to tell in these mucky times)
NB on I-35 from Olathe around 10:30 this morning. Driven by a very serious man that was concentrating on the road. I paced him in the next lane till I made him look and wave. :D
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

DS MCSc black top in the Cheeseburger in Paradise-Leawood parking lot tonight around 8:30, MO plates. Great to see a convertible out in this muck!

Next door, same area, around 5, blue MCS with Union Jack roof in the CVS parking lot. Maybe qwertmonkey?

Oh...and a CR MCS with a Union Jack roof, same parking lot. Was there some unofficial MINI gathering in Leawood tonight? :)
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

I saw a dark silver MCS with black bonnet stripes going northbound on 435. He got off at raytown road.
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Illini82

Post by Illini82 »

I drove next to a blue mini last night on Johnson drive heading toward I-35 at about 7:00pm. Couldn't see the front for further description, but they waved!
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

I saw a Mini yesterday (I think). I think it was a dark silver color. Don't really remember. I think she was driving down 58. The only thing I really do remember was that I waved at her and she looked at me like I was crazy. LOL.
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
sliboa
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sliboa »

I've had my MINI for a little over a month and I've been waving to almost every MINI driver I see and most just give me a weird look or ignore me. I did get a wave back while I was up in Wisconsin visiting my parents over Christmas.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

I'm Cory and I'm CANADIAN
Illini82

Post by Illini82 »

I've gotten mixed results with waving. Most MINIs wave back, but you're right, there are some that look at me like i'm crazy. So if you see a blonde girl in a green mini waving excitedly...that would be me. :)
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

She might've looked at me strange too because I was in an xB....
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

EB/W parked in a driveway at 70th Terr & Antioch, east side. Poor MINI looked like it was sliding down the driveway, parked on a snow covered hill. I hope it didn't slide, but it sure was parked all wanky.
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
speed_racer

Post by speed_racer »

matti the mini wrote:East bound 150 hwy - by Raytown Road - Hyper Blue (?) Mini - Wednesday pm - 5:15 5:20 ish

Think it was Speed Racer, but not positive.
That was me, and it's Electric Blue, LOL. I thought that was you but I am not used to seeing you on 150, so I didn't realize it was you until it was too late to wave. *waving now* :lol:
Illini82

Post by Illini82 »

LY/W on 39th and state line today around 1:45. I waved...but I don't think she saw...or didn't recognize my mini as a mini because it's so dirty.