New member here, Facebook must be the main source of activity?

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
cstudep
MINIAC
MINIAC

New member here, Facebook must be the main source of activity?

Post by cstudep »

Seems pretty quiet in here so I assume Facebook must be the more preferred method of communication these days? Never had an account and was hoping to never have to but may end up having to set one up.

Minidave turned me on to your group recently and mentioned the upcoming event at the Roasterie. Hopefully I can make it down and maybe meet a few fellow mini folks.

My name is Paul and I live near Bethany Missouri about 1.5hrs north of KC. My Mini currently consists of a hopefully soon to be torn down and repainted 1960 Austin 850. It was mostly restored about 16 or so years ago but is in some need of a little tlc these days.

I see these garage days mentioned which sounds like a lot of fun if they still happen. I love working on things, which is probably a good thing if your going to own a 60 year old vehicle.
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: New member here, Facebook must be the main source of activity?

Post by BLUGOOSE »

Paul, your not the only one that doesn't use facebook! Don't want it, nor need it. Glad there is another one out there :lol:
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

No question Facebook is the more preferred method of contact in our group, although we do try to push people back to the forum for all our club events.

another big event this month is the Minis in the Ozarks held in Eureka Springs,, this is not run by our club but it's a huge event and lots of fun. They have a Halloween Costume party along with lots of touring miles in Mini/MINIs.

Welcome to the club, Paul! Tho the club is mostly new MINIs, there are probably a good 10 classic owners too. (and some not so good! :-) )
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
CowboyCoop
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by CowboyCoop »

Welcome. Non Face Book Non Classic. but admire them a lot. Great Forum here and lots of information.
2017 Island Blue Mini Countryman All 4 S "Parker Blu