MINIs at the Market, Sept 30, 2012

KC MINI Club Announcements & Welcome Info
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

MINIs at the Market, Sept 30, 2012

Post by IowaM1N1 »

MINIs at the Market for 2012 has been set for Sept 30, 2012.

Details to follow.

Lead Coordinator: S-car-go (Kirk)
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: MINIs at the Market, Sept 30, 2012

Post by BLUGOOSE »

The goose and driver will be there.Wouldn't miss it!!!
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
S-car-go
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by S-car-go »

I talked with Samer at Baron this weekend and he said they should be able to support with lunch and T-shirts as they have in the past. I'll touch bases with him in a couple weeks to start working out details. With that covered I think the only other thing I need to do is coordinate prizes. I know in the past we have had a formal registration process for this event with the fee being donated to charity. I was thinking of not having an entry fee in hopes that this may result in a better turn out as the event is about the cars. My reasoning here is that we may be missing out on members that would attend but would rather not pay to do so. In turn we can take up a collection to donate to a charity if we want to keep that tradition. I will also be reaching out to local vendors and chains for prize support as well as mini specific vendors. I am interested in the clubs feedback on this and am open to suggestions. More details will follow.
2012 Reef Blue Clubman "S" Hampton, auto, cold weather, driving lights.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

I like the idea of not having an entry fee but still being able to donate if you want to. I plan on being there. :)
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
minicoopers43
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by minicoopers43 »

I like it as long as it's not just an after thought thrown in that people don't notice.
I think we should set a $ amount goal and perhaps that would be some encouragement.
LaDonna was a 2003 MCS EB. Sold with over 223k miles!!! Best car I ever had!!!
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

S-car-go wrote:I talked with Samer at Baron this weekend and he said they should be able to support with lunch and T-shirts as they have in the past. I'll touch bases with him in a couple weeks to start working out details. With that covered I think the only other thing I need to do is coordinate prizes. I know in the past we have had a formal registration process for this event with the fee being donated to charity. I was thinking of not having an entry fee in hopes that this may result in a better turn out as the event is about the cars. My reasoning here is that we may be missing out on members that would attend but would rather not pay to do so. In turn we can take up a collection to donate to a charity if we want to keep that tradition. I will also be reaching out to local vendors and chains for prize support as well as mini specific vendors. I am interested in the clubs feedback on this and am open to suggestions. More details will follow.
For background, I coordinated Minis at the Market for the first three years.

The first year, we charged no entry fee. People registered, Baron paid for t-shirts and lunches for several folks who did not come to the show. Registration bags, dash cards, etc...were made for folks who did not show up. It was decided having an investment (a small donation to charity) might help deter this in the future.

The second and third year, we accepted a donation along with the registration form. This served many purposes: to make sure people were actually committed to being there when we told the sponsors how many folks would be reached, to confirm with the caterer how many lunches, to order an appropriate number of shirts and to have the right amount of registration bags, materials and prizes. Perhaps the biggest purpose it served was to make a donation to two charities, both of special interest to KC MINIacs who have passed, on behalf of the club.

There's the background on this.

On a personal note, I am much more likely to show up for something I have invested a little $ in. Otherwise, I might decide the day before I'm just too tired to polish up my ride or might decide the day of the show that the wind is blowing too hard. And I'll make sure to pester whoever coordinates for the next month to make sure I get my "free" t-shirt even though I didn't come to the show. Cuz I registered in advance and all. :wink:
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

Thanks Johnna for passing on the lessons learned from past events. Gathering this wisdom helps us make our future events even more successful!
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

I'll definitely be there :-). Providing KU isn't playing a game that day.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

Are you talking KU Football???? Thats a basketball school,isn't it????? :saywhat:
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

BLUGOOSE wrote:Are you talking KU Football???? Thats a basketball school,isn't it????? :saywhat:
Yes but we're gonna have a great Football team this year.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

Kirk,

I am in favor paying the small entry fee to charity as we have done in years past.
With that said, if the decision is to have the entry fee for this event, I would be happy to offer up my services as treasure and collect all the checks (made payable to the charity/charities selected), keep track of the registration information, provide you a spreadsheet with all the details ( lunch options, shirts, ect) that can be used to place orders and expedite the check in process, and deliver the fees to the charities. Just drop me PM and let me know.

Thanks
Dori
S-car-go
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by S-car-go »

Dori

PM sent. Thanks!

Kirk
ozzies
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ozzies »

Everett and I should make it, our new Clubby should be here by then :D We don't mind paying a fee like we have in the past.
WildThang

Post by WildThang »

My wife and I would enjoy being a part of this event! This gives us an excuse to enjoy KC for a weekend in late September. I will try to convince other MINIs in Nebraska to attend also.
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Y'all come :D
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
S-car-go
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by S-car-go »

We are going to go with a $10.00 registration fee. Marlow Main is helping me out big time with the registration (details to follow soon). We will be supporting two great causes Harvasters and Animal Haven, all funds will be donated to these charities. All are welcome to participate. WildThang, it would be great if you can get more from the Nebraska crowd of Miniacs to join us. I still need to sit down with Samer to workout T-shirts and menu issues, then I will follow up with more details. Thanks all for you interest in this awesome event :)
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

we will have just got back from our 2 week long, 30th wedding anniversary cruise/driving trip. i think we'll b more than ready to sit on our ass'z for a day at the market!...lol. if i may suggest... instead of or along with tshirt's, how about velcro adjustable cap's or the thingy's u put on the antenna?? count us in for the fee's/donation's..whatever u come up with is good. :ps: :roll:
Albiker

Post by Albiker »

I plan on attending.
S-car-go
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by S-car-go »

Ok, I am really behind the power curve on this event. I just got the menu for our meals from Samer. Dori is going to handle registrations. We are going to still go with a minimal registration fee. I am thinking $8.00 per person all of which will go to Harvesters or Animal Haven. The significance of the registration fee is to one donate to our charities and two ensure that baron doesn't waist money on meals. I will not lie to you prizes will also be minimalis but this is for a great cause and a great opertunity to showcase our beloved Mini's. We can hang out, talk about our cars, let people look at and enjoy our cars. So come out and support our charities and hang with a bunch of Miniacs :D
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

Let the good times roll! :D
Mr. F56
BlueBerry03MC
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BlueBerry03MC »

I am definitely going to come! Any ideas when registration is going to be open?
My name is Hilary
MINI Coopers in the family
BlueBerry 2003 Indi Blue MC, Black mirror caps & stripes, CVT.
Aussie 2013 Pepper White MCS, black top/mirror caps, chrome hood scoop & interior trim, leather seats, Automatic.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Dori sent over the updated registration form today and I've posted it in Google Docs. Please click the link below, print your form and mail to the address on the form. :D

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L85 ... LyX-s/edit
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
S-car-go
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by S-car-go »

Johnna, can you give me a new thread at the top of this so I can start a running tab of participants and post event details? Thanks
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

ragtopday wrote:Dori sent over the updated registration form today and I've posted it in Google Docs. Please click the link below, print your form and mail to the address on the form. :D

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L85 ... LyX-s/edit

Kirk heard back from Samer and Baron will be sponoring the lunches for the first 50 participants. I will let you know when the 50 lunches are spoken for.

A Big Thank You to Baron and Samer for all the support they provide our club! :thumbsup2:
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

This thread is being locked at Kirk's request and a new thread is being created with the pertinent details. :)