Fall Fun Drive & Gathering, Sunday October 21st

KC MINI Club Announcements & Welcome Info
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Fall Fun Drive & Gathering, Sunday October 21st

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

We'll meet at Sonic at the Legends, 1714 Village West Parkway in KCK by 2, departing at 2:15 for a drive on twisty and river bluff roads.

A stop at Riverwood Winery is included on this route. They are having live music and wine tasting. Thirty minutes has been built into the route for this stop.

Our return time will be by 4:30 P.M. We'll gather at Yard House at the Legends. http://www.yardhouse.com/KS/kansas-city-restaurant/

The KC Fiat club has been invited to join us for this month's gathering!

Please RSVP with number of cars and people so we are sure to have enough maps. This is also good information to provide to Yard House if you'd like a seat. :lol:

MiniX2 has mapped the route: http://goo.gl/maps/OyG26 Please print a copy and bring it with you.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Fall Fun Drive & Happy Hour, Sunday October 21st

Post by Minidave »

I'll be there!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

I'll be there :)
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

I'd love to do this but I am co-chairing an autocross race that day.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
boxer
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by boxer »

I will try to attend +1 :ds:
2003 Dark Silver Metallic MINI Cooper S.
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

I'm in. Chiefs have a bye week :cheers:
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

Count me in. I car, 1 person. It will be fun to meet a few Fiat fans.
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

"Goose" is in!!
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
monty
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Fall Fun Drive & Gathering, Sunday October 21st

Post by monty »

Count me in plus one
Last edited by monty on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2015 MINI Cooper S. Thunder Gray/Black roof, cold weather package, sport package, JCW Tuning kit and exhaust.
Name : Handsome Rob
S-car-go
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by S-car-go »

I will be there. S-car-go + 1 please! I like the fiats. Thier a cute alternative but no substitute for, well you know :D Happy Motoring!!!!!!!!!
2012 Reef Blue Clubman "S" Hampton, auto, cold weather, driving lights.
Persuader

Post by Persuader »

Jill and I are in!
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

So far, no RSVPs from the Fiat folks. I had a nice chat with their club president. He mentioned most of their gatherings are in Independence and the classic Fiat members might be hesitant to come to the other side of the city. Gabe was great at connecting us with their club, but beyond that not having much luck getting classic or new Fiats to join us this time around. If anyone has other thoughts on connecting with these folks, let's hear it! Sure would be fun to have them along for the drive.

Looking forward to seeing all of you next weekend! :D
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

:saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat:
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

ragtopday wrote:So far, no RSVPs from the Fiat folks. I had a nice chat with their club president. He mentioned most of their gatherings are in Independence and the classic Fiat members might be hesitant to come to the other side of the city. Gabe was great at connecting us with their club, but beyond that not having much luck getting classic or new Fiats to join us this time around. If anyone has other thoughts on connecting with these folks, let's hear it! Sure would be fun to have them along for the drive.

Looking forward to seeing all of you next weekend! :D
I say forget the Fiat's and call the Miata's.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I say forget the Fiats and the Miatas and let's motor! :D

If they're not willing to drive a few miles to have some fun, they would not be a fun group to have along. MINI owners think nothing of driving across the country to motor together.....

BTW, classic Fiat members?

There are classic Fiats left that haven't rusted and gone back to their elements?
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Minidave wrote:I say forget the Fiats and the Miatas and let's motor! :D

If they're not willing to drive a few miles to have some fun, they would not be a fun group to have along. MINI owners think nothing of driving across the country to motor together.....

There are classic Fiats left that haven't rusted and gone back to their elements?
I'm with you, Dave! Drove the route yesterday and hope the fall foliage holds out--sure was pretty yesterday but still plenty of green.

It's interesting about the Fiats. I know new Fiat owners in three metropolitan areas and all are having difficulty connecting with or building a community. Much different than the MINI community!
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

ragtopday wrote:

I'm with you, Dave! Drove the route yesterday and hope the fall foliage holds out--sure was pretty yesterday but still plenty of green.

It's interesting about the Fiats. I know new Fiat owners in three metropolitan areas and all are having difficulty connecting with or building a community. Much different than the MINI community!
I think it is because the Fiat is not as much fun since they own Chrysler and the Mini...well...Is just plain awesome! :D
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Zackattack28 wrote:
ragtopday wrote:

I think it is because the Fiat is not as much fun since they own Chrysler and the Mini...well...Is just plain awesome! :D
I wouldn't talk too much crap about Chrysler....your engine did come from them.
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

Counterfit_Mini wrote:
I wouldn't talk too much crap about Chrysler....your engine did come from them.
One slight difference though. My engine was built in September 2006, after they transferred engine manufacture from Brazil to England for the end of the run on the R53. Well I can still dog Chrysler. I could dog the French but that would alienate all R56 and variants owners since those engines are Peugeot.

P.S. Don't tell Oliver his engine is a Chrysler. He thinks he is British. I would hate to tell him he is half Brazilian. :D :lol:
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

Not to jinx the event, but the forecast calls for 70F and mainly sunny--perfect weather for the classics in the club. I'll drive the Pup.
Fiat owners don't want to come out and play? Weird!

I'm glad that there is a MINI/mini culture and even more so, that we get out on the roads and enjoy the cars.
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
MiniX4 John
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniX4 John »

Looking forward to a nice fall foliage drive! Here is a link to the map of the drive. Please print your own copy, copies will not be handed out at the start.

http://goo.gl/maps/OyG26

We are starting at Sonic Drive-In, 1714 Village West Pkwy, Kansas City, KS 66111 by the Speedway and ending at the Yard House, 1863 Village West Parkway, Kansas City, KS.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!
"Moxie" Snowberry White RHD 1971 Austin Rover Mini, 1275cc engine, 10" GB wheels with Yokohama Aquos tires, Hella 500's, H9 graphics
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Ooooo are we going to make a stop at Riverwood Winery? They've got an awesome blueberry wine.

EDIT: Uh nevermind I can't read the first post. :oops:
Last edited by Counterfit_Mini on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mcconned »

Just an FYI.....
*Saturday, Dee and I drove the route from Atchison to I-435. The colors were brilliant!!

*Re. the bridge at Atchison.... It is in pretty bouncy. You may want to use extra denture adhesive that morning. :D

*For future reference, if you stay on K-7 highway thru Atchison it takes you to Rulo, NE. It's a scenic drive with great roads. At Rulo you can find the Rulo River Club bar/restaurant right on the bank of the MO River. Cross over the MO there and there is a highway that runs along the base of bluffs that takes you to Oregon, MO and eventually to I-29.

*Enjoy!!!
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

That sounds like a great drive, and it's not that much further north from Atchison, only about 45 min more......

Maybe a future run?

I remember that bridge, I thought they were replacing it the last few years?
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Minidave wrote:That sounds like a great drive, and it's not that much further north from Atchison, only about 45 min more......

Maybe a future run?

I remember that bridge, I thought they were replacing it the last few years?
They are STILL replacing that bridge. The new one is pretty impressive, but not yet open. We drove over the current bridge on Wednesday and found it to be drivable, yet slightly bumpy as Dan said. :lol:

I was on part of the route yesterday and glad to see the rain and wind didn't strip all of the leaves. Autumn is sure vibrant this year!