KC Auto Show March 5th - 9th

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
kabootist

KC Auto Show March 5th - 9th

Post by kabootist »

I'm planning on going to the KC Auto Show on Wednesday the 5th, Doors open at Bartle Hall at 5PM. 2 for 1 on tickets if you print a coupon from the webpage, www.kcautoshow.com (2 for 1 deal is only on Wednesday). Mini will be represented at the show, as well as others.
Last edited by kabootist on Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Woo hoo i can't wait!! I can't go on Wensday but I'll probably go up there on Saturday.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

Depending on how much I see, I might go back for another trip sometime before the 9th.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Friday's the day for me and the bride........
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Bumblebee is going to be there!!!! WOOOOO
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
GoDogGo

Re: KC Auto Show March 5th - 9th

Post by GoDogGo »

kabootist wrote:I'm planning on going to the KC Auto Show on Wednesday the 5th, Doors open at Bartle Hall at 5PM. 2 for 1 on tickets if you print a coupon from the webpage, www.kcautoshow.com (2 for 1 deal is only on Wednesday). Mini will be represented at the show, as well as others.
Hey Kabootist,

Are you still planning on going Wed evening? I'd like to go then and am looking for someone to split the 2 for 1 coupon with.

Anyone else planning on going Wed. Evening? I work 7-8 blocks away so I'll probably walk over after work and save the parking fee.

-Randy
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

If my wife doesn't want to go this year I might try to hook up with you guys tomorrow night. Any extra (free) parking where you work Randy?
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

Its looking like right now i wont be able to get away from work tomorrow night, just depends on that so me making plans for anything right now probably wont work. :cry:
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Yeah, the bride decided she actually wanted to go, so it's Friday for me again. I was looking for an excuse to get out of work early tomorrow! :lol:
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
GoDogGo

Post by GoDogGo »

Sorry, I can't help with parking. I've gotten a pass thru work. Otherwise, it's pretty expensive and still 7-8 blocks away.

-Randy
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Thanks anyway.......last year we drove our Audi allroad wagon and parked in the new underground parking structure across the street. When we came out from the show we could not get in the car - the parking spaces are so narrow and we had a minivan on one side and an SUV on the other. Lucky we had the Audi as I had to climb in thru the hatch and then back out so my wife could get in. This year we'll take the MINI........
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

K C Auto Show

Post by BLUGOOSE »

Just returned from the show and what do you think was the neatest vehicle there?( In my opinion of course) The SMART CAR. What a jewel. I'm 6'5" and I had plenty of room. Not much room for anything else but enough for me. Quality of materials,workmanship and attention to detail were outstanding.
Takes 8-12 months to get one,you order it online and give them $99.00 to get in line .Months later you get an E-mail telling you it's about to be built and would you like to make any changes to your order.
I,m not sure I like the warrantee. It's 2yrs/24,000mi Do you think it could be as popular as the MINI?
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: K C Auto Show

Post by MiniManiac »

BLUGOOSE wrote:Do you think it could be as popular as the MINI?
I seriously doubt it. It only has a 3 cylinder engine which doesn't produce the type of performance found in a MINI. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the MINI gets better gas mileage. I NEVER saw a SMART car on the autobahn during my 3 years of living in Germany. However, I did see them in the cities. It will make a nice city car, but that is about it. Just my .02cents.........
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

I agree, the smart car is neat in cities like Berlin, London, Paris, even New York, but Kansas City....unless you live, work, eat, sleep, drink, and have everyone you ever knew/know live downtown, I don't see it being very successful in the midwest. Kansas City and other cities around it are too spread out, and the lack of a true mass transit system doesn't help.
sundance
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sundance »

The smart car may be clever in design and theory but go drive one and you'll stop thinking about it. It's an absolute dog to drive. Everything from the transmission to the brakes feels weak. I took one out a few weeks back and I was shocked at how horrible it was.

I guess it's all about perspective though. Coming from a GP to driving a smart is a pretty far stretch. Maybe I'm being harsh but I'd really like to hear some other people's driving experience in a smart.
2006 John Cooper Works GP - Stock