Track/Summer Prep day(s)

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Bumblebee is running better since the oil change and I ordered all the parts for the brakes last night. Still haven't used the headlights yet. After the car show I went to visit my friend and gave them a ride in BB so she got around the city alot yesterday and she did great. Didn't get too hot at all. And barely used any gas LOL.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

I drove BB tonight and the headlights work great. i think they need angled up a little more and the passenger side one points a little to far to the right but it's nothing horrible. Now if everyone else could lower their headlights to keep them out of my mirrors and blinding the crap out of me.
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

I just got a great idea.....I need to repaint my calipers, so im all prettied up for the track. :D Also might paint the sway bar thats coming before we go to install it.
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

Anyone else up for some more Sway bar installing and checking coolant and brake fluid on Friday or saturday afternoon? MiniDave has volunteered for either day and it doesn't matter to me either, but I figure if we pick one day we could plan for a drive afterwards to test out the new sway bar/s installed by myself and MiniDave. The current idea is Friday afternoon around 2....how does that sound?
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Friday at 2 is good for me..........
Last edited by Minidave on Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

Dave

The signature looks awesome! ...but what's up with the "Hi, my name is Dive!????? :lol:
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

That's my Australian alter-ego! :lol:

Thanks for the kudo's on the sig, but I can only take a tiny, tiny bit of credit, a friend of mine did it for me.

Here's the one he did for me for the Carnuts.us forum where I'm known as Jagman.....

Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Your signatures are cool.
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Thanks!

Today we got Kabootist's new rear sway bar installed, I'm getting to where I could do one of these in my sleep! It went in without a hitch and Ivan took off just a few minutes ago to run a few laps of the Metcalf/Shawnee Mission Parkway cloverleaf to see how he likes it.
Expect a report from him soon! :D

If anyone has some last minute HPT pre-race checks to do, tomorrow is pretty much the last chance to get 'er done!
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

Sway bar gets a big thumbs up! Thanks Dave for the help, I will probably end up setting it a bit firmer for the track day but Its perfect for everyday driving where its at right now.
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

Sway bar set a bit tighter, was at 1 inch from the end to 1/2 inch from the end and it made a huge difference. 50 mph around the SMP onto Metcalf North part of the cloverleaf came with ease. Cant wait for that track.