MTTS Chicago/Milwaukee

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
sundance
MINIAC
MINIAC

MTTS Chicago/Milwaukee

Post by sundance »

Anyone planning on making the drive to Chicago and then to Road America in late July for MTTS?

I'll be there but I'm not sure if I'll be driving my MINI up or flying. If enough KC folk want to drive I may drive also.

MTTS Chicago
2006 John Cooper Works GP - Stock
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

I have been thinking about this one. I haven't decided one way or the other yet.

edit: Decided not to do this one. It will be a little much with doing MITM this year.
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Anyone else up for the trip? Looks like we're going! :D
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by matti the mini »

possibly... depends upon some finances.
Bentley

Gertti - MCS '13 - BRG2, JCW Tuner Package, and more!

formerly:
Matti - MCS '004- BRG, premium, sport, cold, bonnet stripes, boot stripes, rally lights, window tint, nav - british voice mod, Helix CAI and 15% reduction pully, euro parcel shelf
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Just cross-posting this here....in case anyone else is headed that way. :D
IowaM1N1 wrote:Anyone heading to MTTS is welcome to join the Iowa and Nebraska caravan on Friday, July 25.

Here are our details...

FRIDAY, July 25, 2008

Meet-up locations:

STOP #1 [approx 10am] -- Des Moines: (Meet up spot for Nebraska and DM MINIs).

Culvers
2535 Adventureland Drive
Altoona, IA 50009

On I-80, exit 142 (actually 142A if you are East-bound, 142 if you are West-bound). Head south to Adventureland Drive, then east to Culvers.
Return to I-80 via same route.

STOP #2 [approx Noon] -- Iowa City/Coralville: (LUNCH! Pick up E IA MINI(s), get lunch somewhere nearby, fuel stop)

Meet at:
McDonalds
2794 Commerce Dr,
Coralville, IA 52241

At I-80, exit 240. North on Coral Ridge, West on Commerce. McDonalds on the left. All visible from I-80.
Return to I-80 via same route.

Back on the road [approx 1pm]

Interim stops in IA and IL as group decides for snack/fuel stops.

STOP #3 -- Downtown Chicago

Looking forward to a great MTTS! See you there!

Greg
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

We’re back from MTTS Chicago/Road America and had a fabulous time! Other than a little cabrio-related sun stress (SPF 180 anyone?), it couldn’t have been more fun. The weather was a nice break from the KC heat and we made the entire trip with the top down—not a single drop of rain!

Friday we headed out with Todd and Samer, following the GP up I-35 to I-80. There was more than enough construction to have me seeing orange barrels in my sleep for weeks and no fewer than 15 cops along the way. The “radar support” in the GP was sure appreciated.

Friday evening’s event was a picnic and outdoor movie at the University. The campus was beautiful, the surrounding neighborhood full of sidewalk cafes and one giant parking garage stuffed with MINIs and Minis. I don’t know if I would ever tire of walking thru a parking garage full of fun cars to look at! We had dinner with a table full of St. Louis Miniacs and really enjoyed the good company, nice weather and colorful sunset.

Late night Friday included a few cocktails with friends, old and new, which somehow curtailed my planned Saturday morning jog but reminded me of the unparalleled community aspect at MINI events. And another reminder of the bad influence of fellow KC Miniacs…:lol:

We headed out early Saturday morning, prior to the organized rally, and enjoyed a leisurely drive to Road America, which is by far the prettiest race track I’ve ever seen. The day was full of entertaining stuff to do: a rock climbing wall, go karts, auto-cross test drives including JCWs, lots of bands, vendors, enough free swag to fill a MINI and about 600 MINIs and Minis to look at. Late afternoon activities included a parade lap and a concert with Blues Traveler. Wow!

Work demanded that we drive back on Sunday so we missed the RideMakerz fun (build-a-bear for r/c cars) but really enjoyed the drive on 151 out of Madison, WI as the sun was rising. Somewhere around Davenport, IA we passed a PW with red graphics, QT CPR on the MO plates—really sharp looking car! We stopped to see one of the covered bridges in Madison County, IA and pulled in to KC a short 7 hours later. Thankfully no cops on the entire drive home.

A few pics here: