no mini

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
Brooklyn

no mini

Post by Brooklyn »

Hi everyone, a couple of months ago I was sure I was getting a mini but the more practical side of me took over and I bought a new Honda civic...
Thank you so much for inviting me into your forum... I will check it from time to time to see how things are going.. Drive safe everybody... Brooklyn..[/list]
saturn

Post by saturn »

Has anyone responded to this person and told them how much motoring fun they're gonna miss out on? :mrgreen:
kraydl

Post by kraydl »

I'd say for two people the Mini's 37mpg is nicely practical.
For hauling around a family of 5 it's not.
My boys have their own cars, so I fall into the former category thankfully.
monza

Post by monza »

kraydl wrote:I'd say for two people the Mini's 37mpg is nicely practical.
For hauling around a family of 5 it's not.
Neither is a Civic :)

Actually for us, family of 4, the Mini is just fine. My kids are 14 & 10, and they dont complain about the back seat on a saturday of running errands...
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Mine who still live at home are 6 and 10 and when we run errands or anythign in the city we take the R56 and nobody complains.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

My two little girls absolutely love riding in the MINI and I absolutely love driving it!
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

you must drive your mini really nicely to be getting 37mpg. Im lucky to get 30. Besides that my nefews and stuff love the mini, there is normally no one in the back. Seats stay folded up though because the JCW exhaust is quite loud without the seats and shelf.
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

I think he's refering to R56 MINIs. An R53 w/JCW? MPG is not the reason to own one.
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

much as I would like to say mine does not get that good, but I drive almost all city.
DDodge

Post by DDodge »

I get about 30 in my 06 MCS on the highway, around 20 just driving around the neighborhood.

Don D

P.S. They are missing out on a ton of fun!