clutch adjustment

How-To and Pics of Mods to your MINI/Mini
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

clutch adjustment

Post by davester »

Does anybody know if a clutch can be adjusted. Mine disengages almost at the top. It is not slipping though but it's not quite right. Stubby now has 74,300 miles on him. Might be time for a new one but I hope not because I just had the radiator replaced. Would bleeding the slave cylinder have anything to do with this??
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

any opinions Minidave or monza or anyone else????????????
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I haven't looked to see how it's set up, but it seems to me there should be an adjustment available right at the slave cylinder, or the slave itself can be moved to get the right adjustment. It should not release right at the top. Bleeding the slave could also help, if there's air in the system and the pedal's not moving the piston all the way. Did you bleed it recently? Seems to me I remember reading on NAM that these are a pain to bleed and there's a certain procedure to it.

OTOH, it could also be a symptom that you need a new clutch - that this one has worn far enough that it moves the slave that far back so it releases only at the end of the travel. Maybe a quick call to Autosport or Baron for an opinion?
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
JRutherford

Post by JRutherford »

I don't believe that there's any adjustment - sounds like your clutch may nearing the end of its life...
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Oh crap--

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"