Greetings from Australia!

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
kabootist

Greetings from Australia!

Post by kabootist »

Hello Everyone!

I'm in Australia this week and part of next week. Working but also seeing the sites. I'll try to get some pictures uploaded but it probably wont be until I get back home that it happens. Anyway onto the important business, Australian Mini Sightings. Along with minis there are lots of awesome cars around here that you don't see in the states, and also cars in the states that are re-branded for foreign sale. I saw a newer MG convertable, lots of awesome off road vehicles (Land Rovers, Nissans, etc.) Vintage Rolls Royces, lots of Porsche Boxsters, lots of Mercs (SL55 AMG to be specific) and lots of BMWs. Also Holden, which i believe to be owned by GM, and an offshoot of Vaxhall, seem to be the most popular brand. Seems to me that there are lots of choices around here for cars and trucks. Also sitting in the left front seat and not being the driver is weird. I'm sticking to the ferries and trains.

ONLY 1 so far (R50 JustACooper) and that was after 3 days of being here and Mini scouting. I might hit the dealer tomorrow if its open.