Seat Problems

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
DDodge

Seat Problems

Post by DDodge »

I have an R53 with manual (non-power) seats. Lately, I can feel the seat move, just a little bit, on hardish braking and acceleration, kind of like there was some slop in the mechanism. It feels solid most of the time and I can't seem to get it to do the same thing by rocking in the seat while it's standing still. It's getting on my nerves and I'm not sure how to approach getting rid of it. Anyone else had this and fixed it? The Mini is still in warranty.

Don D
MiniGeoff
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Seat Problems

Post by MiniGeoff »

Don,

I have a similar sensation with my driver seat, occasionally, but it feels like it's only 1 rail (the inside, specifically). I've messed with it and looked at it and wiggled around in it, and I can't find for the life of me where it's loose or broken. I suppose that isn't the news you really wanted to hear, but on the good side, it's been there the entire time I've had the car, and it hasn't gotten worse during that time. What's wierd is that it seems to come and go.

I can't figure out what it is, either, so I'm glad you thought to ask about it since I always forget to!
03 PS/Bl MCS - Alta CAI - Alta 15% pulley - Denso Irdiums - Kingsborne wires - Screamin' Deamon Coil - Yellow Konis - H-Sport Springs - H-Sport rear swaybar - H-Sport adjustable rear control arms - M7 Front strut brace - Sold
06 Subaru WRX
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

What happens if you move the seat forward or backward from its usual place and then move it back to where it belongs? Does it latch up properly then?

Also you might try releasing the seatback, sliding it forward, then moving it back into place again, then report back please.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
DDodge

Post by DDodge »

Yeah, I thought it might just be the particular spot it was in on the track, so I slid it a bit forward and tilted the back a bit more. I think it's still there, but I'll check again this morning. MiniGeoff, I think it's the inside rail on mine, too.